The last game you completed, and rating.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part 2

Flippin 10/10. Just more of the same awesome fps goodness. Cannot wait to play through the entire thing again with ray tracing :D

Soldato
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - 8.0/10

Nice game if you like PoE, DOS etc. Its not quiet as polished as those which you can easily tell being studios first game, but good fun and solid entry none the less. Graphics can be janky, faces look like mash potato, but combat is fun, some of the mechanics and neat and some of the levels a blast. Its neat the its voice acted, even if very basic.

Soldato
Nier: Replicant 1.22 - 8/10

It's kinda hard to rate this game, it still retains the flaws of the original as well as some of the design choices that were pretty dated even back then. The combat is a lot better now and even has some surprising depth but you have to delve into some more advanced combos to fully appreciate it. Graphics got a nice boost so it does look significantly better than the original, though it's still hardly the best looking game around. Fine by me.

Not much point talking about the technical aspects, TBH. What needs to be said about this game is that it's pretty much a one of a kind title, just like Automata. It'll put you through quite a lot to reach the conclusion. It'll be fun, tedious and somewhat frustrating in equal measure but I'd say the pay-off is worth it overall, especially with the stuff they added, even if most players won't get some of the references. It does add some "light" (if you can call it that) to a story generally devoid of it. The problem is, that the unique framework Replicant uses was refined in Automata and that game simply pulls it off better and more gracefully, albeit the overall tone is much different. I kinda have a feeling they wanted to redo an entire section of Replicant because one of the main chars has abilities that would make perfect sense storywise for that particular section but they were constrained by the budget (or couldn't be bothered in the end). It'd have resulted in a better, more varied experience but it is what it is.

The music is out of this world again, no surprises. But also, again, Automata is better here, not because the soundtrack itself is better (that's a matter of prerefence) but because the way that game used its soundtrack was utterly amazing. The music worked WITH the game, it wasn't just a background. Replicant does it too, but simply in a less refined way. It's still pretty much the best OST in gaming since many years, along with Automata and a few select others, and one of the tracks at the very end made my jaw drop a little for a number of reasons.

Replicant ultimately revolves around the story, the characters and the music. The gameplay/combat is pretty good, 90% of the sidequests are outright designed to troll the player (Weiss even trash-talks you for being an errand boy all the time, which kinda makes them worth doing sometimes:p), the world is small and just a backdrop mostly, the difficulty balancing is terrible. They really could've changed some things to make it a more refined experience that requires a bit less from the player but still tells this sort of a story but they kept practically everyhing 1:1. I can't even say anything because everything is so easy to spoil with this series.

Overall, 8/10 is as high as I will go because of some of the stuff I outlined above but I still feel going through it was worth it in in the end. It does pretty well for a 2010 PS3 title in new clothing, I went through worse playing, buggier **** that was much newer:p
Put it on normal (NOT on Hard, for your own good), look up which sidequests are worth doing, don't neglect collecting weapons and give it a chance.

Also, I completed the entire thing in Japanese as I used it for practice but I have to say English VA is MUCH better here, Weiss and Kaine are thoroughly phenomenal. I'd suggest playing this game with English audio, I should've have done the same but it's too late for that.

Caporegime
Resident Evil Village

I'd give it a 7 out of 10, performance is a bit all over the place but the gameplay itself is solid. Not the longest game in the world but has decent replay-ability.

Associate
Days gone. Id give it a 7/10.

I played the game on hard

I enjoyed the game and the combat was decent but i felt it was more story driven rather than combat focused

Associate
Divinity Original Sin 2 - 8/10. Took almost everything that made the first one great and expanded on it. Thoroughly enjoyed my time playing both of the games :)

Soldato
Assassins Creed Odyssey - 7/10

Encountered a bug where my health bar disappeared twice which forced a hard restart of the game.
Still not a fan of having to farm the same item at higher levels, it should be unique items as you progress.
First expansion was probably the worst DLC I've ever played.
Immersion is improved over Origins but still needs work
Overall I did enjoy it and will probably play Valhalla once it drops sub £20 for the ultimate edition ...so probably via Epic in the xmas sale!

Associate
Necromunda: Hired Gun - 6/10

They got the feel of the world absolutely down. The lighting, architecture and 'feel' are perfect. The bolter even feels about right (still sounds a bit puny for me - a personal bugbear). The 13 levels of the story mission are detailed, labyrinthine and full of varied detail. The gun upgrades are cool, and allow a variety of styles. It's got a cyberdog.

Then you realise that's it! The writing is cack. The guns have the RPG number thang, meaning that an autogun can do more damage than a bolter. There's basically 4 kinds of mobs across 3 houses and one level with a different baddie. Then you realise that outside of your 13 levels, there's only an endless stream of nakedly grindy (and not in a good way!) levels, with no point to them. They're a smaller dev, and I wish that they had reigned in the feature creep. Do away with the ***** powers and wall-running you never use. Don't worry about upgarding your dog, concentrate on teh core gunplay.

All in all, worth it for a couple of weekends' fun if you're a 40K nerd, but don't spend big bucks :)

Soldato
Metro Exodus Enhanced -

This was my second play through of the game, having originally completed it upon release; for free as well, via the Epic store. Since then I have upgraded my hardware and fancied trying it out again. Max settings with RT on looks amazing and as before, the story is the best of series imo. My absolute only criticism relates to the design of the final level, which I found to be very linear (and almost "platform" like) in comparison to the previous.

As someone who has played all of the games in the series several times, I can honestly say that Exodus is a more than fitting conclusion.

8.5/10 (1.5 reduction due to the last level)

Soldato
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 9/10

Improved upon Human Revolution in every way i thought. Better graphics, better story, far improved colour palette and much preferred the removal of those stupid & pointless boss fights in HR.

Soldato
Celeste. 8/10.

It's one of those games that throws feelings at you, and does it in a very clever way by challenging you as the story progresses. That said, the emotional impact was lessened a bit when the game kept teasing an ending/emotional release then piling on some extra challenge.

I have never been so angry with a game before! Several times I put it down because I was emotionally drained and then couldn't handle another ****-off difficult platforming level. Felt like I had been through the wringer. Twice I had to come back to the game after a few days off and that took down the enjoyment. People with better hand-eye coordination (read: better gamers) might enjoy it more.

Looks like there is an awful lot of replay value in remix runs, collectibles, speedruns etc. Completing the game once is very much the beginning, if you like this sort of thing.

Associate
WRC 9- 9/10

The best racing game I've played in long long time. Loses a point only because it doesn't take long to complete.

HZD- 9/10

Finished it at the second attempt. Absolutely loved everything about it (Though I wasn't particularly impressed with it when it first released). Loses a point as the expansion stuff wasn't that great imo.

Dirt 5- 5/10

Thoroughly disappointing and at the time full of bugs. Glad I got it for £20 at launch as that's what I got when selling it on.

Associate
Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 9/10

Improved upon Human Revolution in every way i thought. Better graphics, better story, far improved colour palette and much preferred the removal of those stupid & pointless boss fights in HR.
Absolutely agree with this. I just wish the reception had been better because the story kinda feels like it was just a part 1 with a direct sequel to follow. As of now, Squeenix seem to have put Deus Ex on the back-burner again :(

Associate
this shows how often I play single player games

call of duty (2003) 9/10

Diablo 2 10/10

other than that its back to the megadrive

sonic 2 ( 10/10)
revenge of the shinobi (10/10)

Back
Top Bottom