The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Last game I have played and finished was Divinity Original Sin 2... took me 133 hours ...and I think it's a 7/10 game. Story could be better... at some point magic is limited to same combos just to ff every encounter... but was a good fun failing so many times, killing teammates... and steal their loot :D

Associate
Mass Effect 1: LE

8/10, loses points as its still janky as hell but gains points for pure nostalgia.

I was expecting to start it and then have my fill after a couple hours but really got sucked back into the world and ended up doing a 100% insanity playthrough instead. Easier and shorter than I remember (27 hours) but I guess when you know when to and when not to go back to talk to people or do the laps of the citadel really cuts down the time.

Caporegime
Hellbound.

+ easy to drop in and play like many FPS titles
+ quite impressive visually though a little too orangey/muddy for my liking at times
+ sound/music (the music is much like what we hear in Quake II - though I prefer the ambient works of Aubrey Hodges to rock/metal in games)
+ great shotgun :)

- very short (even for me!); completed in just over three hours - though I didn't search for secrets much so that's something for another run through
- a bit glitchy in places (music cutting out/stopping after a lengthy run on a level); hitching after two or three levels in; one crash

All in all, providing you can pick it up in a sale then I'd say it's worth it if you like FPS titles from the past. Make sure it's quite heavily discounted, though... which it is at the mo.

There is a demo available on Steam, BTW.

Last edited:
Associate
Spelunky 2 normal clear. Kept me up many times into the early hours. Haven’t had a game do that in ages.

8/10 game. Rated down for the harsh, brutal and cheap ways to die.

Soldato
ME legendary. All 3. Just a touch over 150 hours, on hardcore I believe. 9/10.

Love the world. Love the in jokes as the games go along. I understand that the ending was adjusted compared to first release? Either way, I found it to be OK. Did full paragon basically, and chose the "blue" ending I suppose. Next run through will be renegade. Suspect I'll go "red" ending. Will watch middle ending on youtube :D.

ME legendary. All 3. Just a touch over 150 hours, on hardcore I believe. 9/10.

Love the world. Love the in jokes as the games go along. I understand that the ending was adjusted compared to first release? Either way, I found it to be OK. Did full paragon basically, and chose the "blue" ending I suppose. Next run through will be renegade. Suspect I'll go "red" ending. Will watch middle ending on youtube :D.
from what i understood, they added a 3rd ending when the game was originally out as people were upset with the 2 choices, but it still didn't fix the issue with the ending, being that, no matter how evil or good you played, it made no difference. no side quests, no helping, or killing etc would make a difference in the end. you could still pick any of the endings.

you could reply as the renegade, but still do the same blue ending.

this to me was upsetting as it felt that your choices throughout the games should change the final ending. if you've got say a score of 30/100 or less for evil, then you can't do the evil ending. 30 or less for good, you can't do the good ending.

if you saved all your team mates, chose certain paths, it opens the neutral ending etc.

Soldato
from what i understood, they added a 3rd ending when the game was originally out as people were upset with the 2 choices, but it still didn't fix the issue with the ending, being that, no matter how evil or good you played, it made no difference. no side quests, no helping, or killing etc would make a difference in the end. you could still pick any of the endings.

you could reply as the renegade, but still do the same blue ending.

this to me was upsetting as it felt that your choices throughout the games should change the final ending. if you've got say a score of 30/100 or less for evil, then you can't do the evil ending. 30 or less for good, you can't do the good ending.

if you saved all your team mates, chose certain paths, it opens the neutral ending etc.

I didn't have a problem with that. Plenty of times through the games you have the option to be a jerk or to be kind, regardless of what happened before. It was tough to convince people you were mean if you'd only been nice, but the choices themselves were straight up, I don't see why they'd be blocked out due to previous behaviours to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom