The last game you completed, and rating.

Man of Honour
OP
Bulletstorm - A fun different shooter which had some great over the top sequences - 8/10

Forgot about that! I completed Bulletstorm a few days ago. Would also give it 8/10 - very short, but loved the over the top action scenes, variety of ways to kill people and the dialogue. Certainly an entertaining game. Reminded me a little of Just Cause 2, but following a linear path.

Soldato
Skyrim.

10/10 :)

How does one 'complete skyrim'.... I've finished all the major quest lines but still wouldn't say it's complete.... There's still stuff for me to do, items to collect and the such like.

Portal 2 here... I don't complete many...
9/10
Shift 2 actually, maybe. Can't remember which was more recent... 8/10 good racing game and can either be quite arcades or very simulator...

kd

Associate
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising

Had my campaign carried over from the first game, and I COULDN'T CHANGE THE DIFFICULTY SETTING. Absolute nightmare to complete on Primarch (I think it's called), and the final level took me about a dozen tries. Good game, though I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy it as much as the first without base-building and resource management. I sincerely hope they bring it back in number 3.

Onto Retribution now - not expecting as much of a story, but I think I'll prefer to play something other than Space Marines. I must have played the Dark Crusade campaign at least twice through per race, so if it has even half as much replay value as that I'll be getting my money's worth.

Associate
this, but it did get a bit repetitive towards the end, imo

Looking back on it I agree on this too. It's probably the reason I got burnt out a bit easily on it. The storyline was a bit too familiar (have to stop the bad guy from destroying everything, make a few friends along the way), and when you got into the higher levels, there was no incentive to go exploring as you most likely already had the best gear available but less than 50% of the map explored.

How does one 'complete skyrim'.... I've finished all the major quest lines but still wouldn't say it's complete.... There's still stuff for me to do, items to collect and the such like.

I'd like to think you can say you have 'completed' Skyrim when all of the major quest lines have been fulfilled, regardless of side quests and locations to explore.

The same sort of thing can happen with a lot of games, such as Borderlands. Sure you can complete the storyline, at which point people will say they have 'completed' the game, but there is also playthrough 2/2.5, all of the challenges to complete, and collection of the best weapons in the game to be performed.

Soldato
I don't know whether it was my last game but I played through Vice City recently for a laugh.

Still a great game with it's over the top stereotypes and comical storylines.

Graphics look dated quite a lot now though - 8.5/10.

Soldato
ME3 8/10

Better than 2, but didn't recapture the atmosphere of 1. Extremely good characters with first class dialogue, fantastic music, and fun combat. But otherwise a generic cliched sci-fi war story with a horrible ending.

Associate
Just finished Battlefield 3.

4/10.... Disappointing as I loved the BC's single player modes.

Luckily Battlefield 3 is the 3rd best FPS I've played in multiplayer so that redeems it.

8.5/10 for multiplayer.

Edit: The other 2 shooters are Allied Assault 9/10 and ARMA 2 9.5/10.

Back
Top Bottom