The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
And let me get this straight: you're actively avoiding spoilers, yet you're hanging in this thread after the plot was leaked when you know the release date and don't have anything insightful to say because you don't know the plot? What do you want to discuss here at this point?

The same things we'd be discussing had the leaks not happened, oddly enough.

Anyways, I'm out of this thread, I suggest you do the same if you really think everyone is trying to ruin your experience. If you think that was my intention, I'm sorry.

I don't think everyone is, just the people who can't read or chose to ignore the polite requests by myself and others not to discuss it here. I'm more than happy to stay and help get the discussion back on-track though along with the others who are still very-much looking forward to playing it.

i haven’t paid attention to reviews for over a decade now lol

I tend to just gloss over them, I usually intend to go back and read over a few properly when I'm actually into the game but that never happens!

Soldato
The critical drinker has a fantastic video on this mess.

Man I never knew Amy Hennig was forced out of ND I thought she just left for pastures new.

Soldato
I haven't read the last few pages of this thread, if I do, will the plot be blown open and spoil it for me? I can I think guess what's going to happen in the game but I really want to find out myself not from some yahoo leaking it.

Caporegime
I've watched the video mentioned above and the basic jist of it is that a very talented writer was thrown overboard in favour of pandering to the PC brigade with excessively in-your-face "woke" virtue signalling themes.

Soldato
I've watched the video mentioned above and the basic jist of it is that a very talented writer was thrown overboard in favour of pandering to the PC brigade with excessively in-your-face "woke" virtue signalling themes.
She worked on some of my favourite games. Soul Reaver but I preferred Blood Omen to anything that followed.

Funny how it was her a female that helped build Naughty Dog rep up for story driven games then gets shafted by this lot.

ND sounds like a right den of snakes. They only end up eating each other wait and see.

Soldato
GAH, watch the Critical Drinker video (very funny) but it then linked to another, which revealed some of the supposedly leaked details :(

As a huge fan of TLOU, I'm sorry to say, but TLOU2 probably won't be a day one purchase for me - it doesn't sound great, a very dubious direction; and certainly doesn't sound like the epic return of the series I had hoped for.

Might just replay the first a bunch more times to get my fix, maybe pick up the second when it hit rock bottom price...

Soldato
I'll still play it but most likely a year or so down the line after grabbing it 2nd hand. Apart from the bi-annual Assassin's Creed games, I buy nothing on Day 1 any more.

Soldato
Like any game I'll watch a few official trailers if it peaks my interest I'll read some ore and buy it.

Then I'll decide for myself, reviews may help give me a general idea but there's been games reviewed poorly that I've really enjoyed

Soldato
Caved and changed my mind, game collection had this up for £44 so pre-orderd it, comes out pretty much on pay day so why not :)

Not seen any of the leaks so still be new to me

Back
Top Bottom