The Last of Us Part II

Man of Honour
Why would you post in a thread for a story driven game if you are 100% going to buy it and play it?

There are always going to be spoilers posted, so just read the thread once you've completed the game if you want to avoid them.

Soldato
Why would you post in a thread for a story driven game if you are 100% going to buy it and play it?

There are always going to be spoilers posted, so just read the thread once you've completed the game if you want to avoid them.

Already covered this, the game isn't out yet so spoilers shouldn't be considered acceptable. Otherwise why discuss any game before it's been released and completed?

The suggestion that the people who aren't discussing the spoilers are in the wrong is absurd.

Soldato

I'd agree with that if the game is out. This however isn't the case so it's a dick move

Soldato
Already covered this, the game isn't out yet so spoilers shouldn't be considered acceptable. Otherwise why discuss any game before it's been released and completed?

The suggestion that the people who aren't discussing the spoilers are in the wrong is absurd.

Agreed.

I’ve seen a little of the footage and have accidentally tripped up and read some things - But I’m still going to buy and play through the game. The latest trailer was incredible! Still absolutely buzzing to play it :) Thinking of playing the first one again shortly to prepare :D

Soldato
Relax guys, Ellie doesn't kill Joel if that's what the guy's written, it's false.

There's really not that long tIll release, if you're that eager to not get spoiled, I'd really avoid this thread. I've already covered it once, was really careful not to reveal anything and some people still felt offended. You're bound to run into someone who will be an **** and post spoilers, it's already happened once but got deleted. I wouldn't risk it.

Soldato
Relax guys, Ellie doesn't kill Joel if that's what the guy's written, it's false.

There's really not that long tIll release, if you're that eager to not get spoiled, I'd really avoid this thread. I've already covered it once, was really careful not to reveal anything and some people still felt offended. You're bound to run into someone who will be an **** and post spoilers, it's already happened once but got deleted. I wouldn't risk it.
Just a shame we have to do that, you didn't reveal anything so I can confirm I wasn't offended :)

But I am going to ignore this thread now until I have it and played it

Soldato
Just a shame we have to do that, you didn't reveal anything so I can confirm I wasn't offended :)

But I am going to ignore this thread now until I have it and played it

Yeah, I get it sucks but it's the only surefire way to avoid spoilers. There's not much worthwhile discussion here at this point anyway, just hold out and play the hell out of it after release and you won't care about spoilers anymore:)

Man of Honour

Where did I say that?

I can understand discussing a game that you’re not sure about getting, but if it’s primarily a story driven game that you are 100% going to buy then just save yourself the grief and go on a complete media blackout.

I never even watch trailers for any game I’m definitely going to buy.

Associate
Agreed.

I’ve seen a little of the footage and have accidentally tripped up and read some things - But I’m still going to buy and play through the game. The latest trailer was incredible! Still absolutely buzzing to play it :) Thinking of playing the first one again shortly to prepare :D
I've recently just played through the first in preparation.
Honestly, forgot how good it was and can't wait for 2.

Soldato
I've recently just played through the first in preparation.
Honestly, forgot how good it was and can't wait for 2.

Yeah I remember the gameplay being amazing, as well as the story. I’ve not played it since the PS3 version, so I’m gunna get the remastered version for my PS4 soon :D

Associate
Yeah I remember the gameplay being amazing, as well as the story. I’ve not played it since the PS3 version, so I’m gunna get the remastered version for my PS4 soon :D

Exactly what I done. I think my rose tinted spectacles had me remembering it better visually, but it still looked great and had me hooked.

Soldato
This is actually becoming pretty epic with all the drama and meme's.

Think I said pervious that I only want to play half of this game.

Hearing duckfaceman talking about that hack Anita is 100% cringe.

I now can't wait to watch all the reactions videos!! This is going to be super popular on twitch lol.

Very easy to spot the Simps and Kotaku fans.

Soldato
I can understand discussing a game that you’re not sure about getting, but if it’s primarily a story driven game that you are 100% going to buy then just save yourself the grief and go on a complete media blackout.

The only grief is being caused by miserable cretins who are intent on ruining the experience for everyone else.

Soldato
And the bigots, racists and homophobic types. Let's not forget those lovely people.
The problem with all the hard agenda-pushing is that eventually they just pee off people who were on their side to begin with. I'd say that's quite evident given a lot of commentary out there. The dodgy copyright strikes are not on, either.

Regardless of Neil's Sarkeesian boner, I just can't deal with the plot twist I unfortunately saw so won't be ordering unless user reviews say it's worth it. The gameplay is probably going to be great but it doesn't seem to be the story I was hoping it'd be.

I really enjoyed the first game and the DLC. Might have to replay that soon.

Last edited:
Associate
The Last of Us Part II PS4 Pro bundle announced

Limited Edition includes PS4 Pro console, controller, physical copy of The Last of Us Part II and a code to redeem digital content such as The Last of Us Part II PS4 dynamic theme, avatars, and more.

Some Limited Edition themed items would be available as standalone such as controller, headset and a 2TB Seagate external hard drive.

Pics inside spoilers tag (to maintain post brevity, not game SPOILERS per se :p).

49910756986_972aa82937_h.jpg
49910241803_8e6a71dc4b_h.jpg
49911054277_e434ceebe5_h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom