The Last of Us Part II

Associate
Wasn't interested in the PS4 Pro before. Doesn't seem much of an upgrade but now I'm seriously considering it.

I know this trailer gives very little away but the first game is one of my all time favourites, and I've been gaming over 30 years. I know Naughty Dog will deliver something special. really can't wait for this one!!

V F

V F

Soldato
Damn, I never knew Ashley Johnson was in this. Didn't even know her name but knew her from the 2000 film, What Women Want.

Soldato
So you don't trust the people who created the original to come up with a worthy sequel? Assuming it's done well (and let's face it, it will be) there's no reason at all for it to detract from the original in any way.

Quite baffling how negative people are about this already.

As for Joel, for a game that deals with so much death I don't think him appearing as a "ghostly apparition" is particularly likely or fitting with the theme. Who knows what his fate might be by the end of the game but I think it's safe to assume he's alive for the bulk of it.

Nope, I don't think they'll be able to offer a better closure to the story than the first game did, sorry. They will easily make a better game with better graphics and better gameplay. I might be wrong but that's how I feel about the story.

Don't know what's so baffling about a simple opinion, especially that I don't doubt the game will be way above average. I'm quite amazed how quickly people jump to conclusions here at the slightest hint of a differing point of view.

Soldato
Nope, I don't think they'll be able to offer a better closure to the story than the first game did, sorry.

They're not re-writing or detracting from the ending of the first game though. That story had its closure, this is a new story with new themes and motivations. If you haven't watched the panel discussion in which case I highly recommend it, there's far more insight to be gained from it than the trailer. It's quite clear the decision to make this game was of their own volition and not a product of "fan pressure" or a need for a game to fill a gap in the market.

Soldato
They're not re-writing or detracting from the ending of the first game though.

The second they show Joel and Ellie they're going to be undermining the ending of the first game, as at that point the viewer will know if Ellie knew / cared about Joel killing everyone.

They should have used different characters.

Soldato
To the peeps moaning about ND using the same characters. Don't play it ? They used Nathan drake in all uncharted games and you aren't morning about that.

Honestly. This is what the majority wanted. I want Joel and Ellie back. Two superb characters.

Caporegime
They're making it because it's their 2nd most popular IP after Uncharted. Any decision to make it is purely about the money.

That applies to basically everything and is a total non criticism, the only time that applies as criticism is when it is a cash-grab/cow. This is not that.

Associate
Not gonna be before 2018 at the earliest as they would have given a release quarter if it was next year.

At least that gives me time to save for a Pro and 4K TV.

Soldato
Why are gamers so whiney these days? Naughty Dog can make this using any characters they like and I'm gonna assume they'll do a better job of it than I could. I will also pay for it so they can have some money for their hard work. Why shouldn't they want to make money??

This game is good news.

Back in my day, when we just had Pong.....blah blah.

Even an infinite universe isn't enough for some people. ;)

Back
Top Bottom