The Last of Us Part II

Caporegime
OP
It was always going to sell well with its name, near perfect reviews and in the current climate. The real question is though has it done anything to advance 'woke' ideology? ramming things down peoples throats in an overt way usually leads to rejection.

The gameplay and graphics are top notch, it's the story that is causing most people to hate the game and the story will forever be linked to excessively woke themes. If it's damaging to woke ideology then smashing sales records is obviously not a good thing.

17 hours in and I’m not seeing all these woke themes....what am I missing? The fact you play as a character who is a lesbian? Oh the horror.

Soldato
So many amazing details in this game. Just had a scrap with a bloater and slung a molotov at it when I was a bit too close, and Ellie gets some splashes of it on here and beats out the flames as you're running away.

Associate
17 hours in and I’m not seeing all these woke themes....what am I missing? The fact you play as a character who is a lesbian? Oh the horror.

Not just Ellie, Abbi. Although the game sets out that she is not a lesbian. I am not 100% sure she is a biological female? and further into the game you come across another girl who decides she wants to be a man.

Its not the fact its in the game its the fact the game has so much of it, i really enjoyed the game but it did feel cringe at times and quite forced on you. That coupled with the fact that all the females have been made to be as plain and ugly as possible.

Soldato
Not just Ellie, Abbi. Although the game sets out that she is not a lesbian. I am not 100% sure she is a biological female? and further into the game you come across another girl who decides she wants to be a man.

Its not the fact its in their its the fact the game has so much of it. that coupled with the fact that all the females have been made to be as plain and ugly as possible.

Yeh not sure what's going on with Abby. I assumed she was having the transition to a man, but then j wondered where she would get all the drugs for that during a zombie apocalypse

Caporegime
Just started Day 2 and still loving it but waiting for the horrors ahead :D

I see how you could get confused, you're treating this as a game and enjoying it rather than treating it as a political statement and getting enraged. Please sort your priorities out.

Caporegime
OP

Its not the fact its in the game its the fact the game has so much of it, i really enjoyed the game but it did feel cringe at times and quite forced on you. That coupled with the fact that all the females have been made to be as plain and ugly as possible.

so much to unpack here....

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeh not sure what's going on with Abby. I assumed she was having the transition to a man, but then j wondered where she would get all the drugs for that during a zombie apocalypse

Check yourself. Just because they are in a struggle for their mere existence doesn't mean they wouldn't find time for that sort of thing. /s

I think the problem most people have with these things is how ham-fisted they are when they include them. Doctor who has always had social messages in its themes and content but the last season was quite literally stopping the show at times to lecture the viewer in the bluntest fashion.

When there is no reason for something to be included in a story and its shoe horned in, its annoys people. You just have to accept that if you say anything negative about anything related to feminism, racism, sexism, transgenderism it won't be a discussion, it will be a **** show. You cannot dislike the way they do something without disliking the subject matter in its entirety for some reason.

Soldato
Check yourself. Just because they are in a struggle for their mere existence doesn't mean they wouldn't find time for that sort of thing. /s

I think the problem most people have with these things is how ham-fisted they are when they include them. Doctor who has always had social messages in its themes and content but the last season was quite literally stopping the show at times to lecture the viewer in the bluntest fashion.

When there is no reason for something to be included in a story and its shoe horned in, its annoys people. You just have to accept that if you say anything negative about anything related to feminism, racism, sexism, transgenderism it won't be a discussion, it will be a **** show. You cannot dislike the way they do something without disliking the subject matter in its entirety for some reason.

Apart from one scene early on there is nothing in the 17 hours or so since that I would class as remotely in your face. In fact the straight scene is far more so.

Man of Honour
Id suggest seeing it through. I hated her for obvious reasons as well up to that point but actually enjoying her side just as much as the first half. Different playstyle to Ellie as well more brutal

I’ve gotten over my strop, definitely will continue. It was 1am and I was tired and cranky ...:p

I was just so invested in Ellie and her story that I felt like all that investment and build up had been for nothing. Also, for obvious reasons, I don’t like Abby and not chuffed about playing her character. But I understand the games intent.

I just hope I get to go back and play as Ellie soon and it’s not a case of the game being finished when I’ve done the 3 days as Abby

Soldato

On my OLED in HDR it's ridiculous that the PS4 can even produce visuals like it, so downgrade is a stretch, wouldn't be surprised if the PS5 patch/remaster brings it up even further. It's still the most visually striking game I've played this generation followed closely by RDR2, HZD and GOW.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Apart from one scene early on there is nothing in the 17 hours or so since that I would class as remotely in your face. In fact the straight scene is far more so.

I haven't played the game at all as I don't have a PS4 at the moment. Loved the first game though.

It was more a comment on people trying to suggest there is a right and wrong answer to such a subjective matter.

Soldato
How far can people see on the lower difficulties with the listen mode?

Not far, as @Mobius 1 says, it's not that useful in this one. Which is a good thing, as you can just play the game without being in weird monochrome filter mode.

It's very easy to get spotted by people that are nowhere near showing up on the listen mode....and I'm playing on normal.

Soldato
On my OLED in HDR it's ridiculous that the PS4 can even produce visuals like it, so downgrade is a stretch, wouldn't be surprised if the PS5 patch/remaster brings it up even further. It's still the most visually striking game I've played this generation followed closely by RDR2, HZD and GOW.

RDR2 probably edges it in some areas like the horses, but otherwise it sets a new bar visually, which is pretty incredible when it's nearly 7 year old hardware.

Soldato
Not far, as @Mobius 1 says, it's not that useful in this one. Which is a good thing, as you can just play the game without being in weird monochrome filter mode.

It's very easy to get spotted by people that are nowhere near showing up on the listen mode....and I'm playing on normal.
I’m playing on easy, and even then listen mode for me isn’t that great. So I don’t really use it. When your laying prone in the grass you’re practically invisible anyway.

Back
Top Bottom