The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
Got to buy that and a PS4 first...trying to resist the temptation right now.

Do it! :D Replaying The Last of Us with the remastered version is up there with the best gaming experiences I've had. I might have enjoyed it as much as first time round.

Soldato
They're not re-writing or detracting from the ending of the first game though. That story had its closure, this is a new story with new themes and motivations. If you haven't watched the panel discussion in which case I highly recommend it, there's far more insight to be gained from it than the trailer. It's quite clear the decision to make this game was of their own volition and not a product of "fan pressure" or a need for a game to fill a gap in the market.

Well, there's no way I'm going to skip the game so it doesn't really matter. I just think the conclusion to the first was perfect and impactful to the point that showing what happens afterwards somewhat demystifies that.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll be a top-notch game so if they decided there's more to tell, then count me in.

Thanks for the link, will watch it later:)

V F

V F

Soldato
That Neil Druckmann is quite a strange character. Not sure what it is but decided to google Naughty Dog and reading about Neil Druckmann and Amy Hennig, quite fascinating stuff.

Something from a recent interview of Amy... The game industry sounds a bit crazy? Here was me thinking it was wonderful creating stuff doing a job you love so much and getting paid big time for it. What could possibly go wrong?

"There's people who never go home and see their families. They have children who are growing up without seeing them," she said. "I didn't have my own kids. I chose my career in lots of ways, and I could be single-minded like that. When I was making sacrifices, did it affect my family? Yes, but it was primarily affecting me and I could make that choice. But when I look at other people... I mean, my health really declined, and I had to take care of myself, because it was, like, bad. And there were people who, y'know, collapsed, or had to go and check themselves in somewhere when one of these games were done. Or they got divorced. That's not okay, any of that. None of this is worth that.

Soldato
That Neil Druckmann is quite a strange character. Not sure what it is but decided to google Naughty Dog and reading about Neil Druckmann and Amy Hennig, quite fascinating stuff.

Something from a recent interview of Amy... The game industry sounds a bit crazy? Here was me thinking it was wonderful creating stuff doing a job you love so much and getting paid big time for it. What could possibly go wrong?

My mate works for Naughty Dog as a texture artist. He tells me he does 14 hour days, but they go out to restaurants for a few hours for lunch. He doesn't work weekends. I'm pretty sure the building is open 24/7 though, if you want to work strange hours. He's still working on Uncharted 4 multiplayer as I'm sure you're wondering.

Before ND, he used to work for TT Fusion, where he'd go in at 9AM on a Monday morning, leave at 4PM on a Friday (he lodged in Wilmslow), and work about 6:30AM while about 8-9PM Tuesday to Thursday. Him telling me stories of people sleeping in the office was not uncommon, especially when in "crunch".
He only had to do core hours of 10AM while 4PM Mon-Fri and do 40 hours total and was paid for 40.

He quit there after Lego City Undercover came out to improve his skills, which ultimately got him the job at ND when one of their artists saw his work and asked him to apply.

Soldato
Any possibility that Joel is actually dead in that trailer and Ellie is going after the fireflies as revenge (assuming they killed him)...long shot I guess :p

Back
Top Bottom