The Last of Us Part II

V F

V F

Soldato
I also didn't like the bad guys begging for their lives, first time this happened i thought it was part of the story, so i let them live and walk away. Thinking i'd done a good deed and maybe they would help me out later or set them on a different path etc.

Nah, i turned around and they put a bullet in my head.

Pretty accurate to real life then. Can't trust nobody or it's extremely hard to trust and backstab you.

Soldato
Combat is probably one of the best in its genre comparable to MGSV in my opinion, if you have a problem aiming then there are mods/upgrades to help. If you still cant shoot straight there are numerous options from aim assists to auto slow mo for combat.

I had a LOT more fun when I turned on the slow-mo when aiming as I have never been able to aim as well with the PS4 controller as XB1. Without using it I found that I had to stealth pretty much every encounter as the characters refuse to carry more than 10 bullets for each weapon so with my crappy aim I was running out all of the time.

Finished the game a couple of days ago, I think it dragged in places but that's probably because I only finished the first game fairly recently and the combat is 95% identical. Visually it was incredible and the world-building is about the best I've experienced, up there with RDR2 for sure.

I'm still deciding how I feel about the story, it was so dark/bleak that it's hard to say I "enjoyed" it but I did think the way it was presented was well done, I saw someone say it was a bit like Gone Girl in some aspects which I think is a good description. I thought the ending could have used a tiny bit more closure after everything we'd been through but you're free to imagine the final details yourself I guess.

It's certainly a masterpiece technically, as a game I'd say 9/10 and for me it wasn't quite as good as the original but that was near-perfection.

Soldato
Just completed the game on hard, I was aware of the spoilers so expected some of the outcomes but while playing and in general context of the story I really really enjoyed it and was great to see both sides of the story, managed to find all the coins, cards, safes and workbenches!

Graphically and gameplay wise, really enjoyed it too, some of the maps/scenery was mindblowing! Unreal really and looks so organic and natural, not to mention the lighting :D

I'm not sure if i am the only one, but I actually found the 'open-world' bit in the first half really enjoyable

Soldato
I'm not sure if i am the only one, but I actually found the 'open-world' bit in the first half really enjoyable

I was actually disappointed not to see more of it myself.

Just different sections of the city to explore and find secrets, bits of side story etc. I think it would have been a welcome addition, but it gets back on those rails fairly quickly!

Soldato
If the whole game was open world, that would be been ace.
Checking the map, deciding where to go next, getting into scrapes and shenanigans. Great stuff.

However I thought the implementation in TLOU2 was simply boring padding for resource hunting (as Dina constantly kept saying) and on my 2nd play-through I ran straight to the domed building, then to the courthouse to get out of there as fast as possible.

Great game, but I could have happily lived without that area.

Soldato
I'm exploring Seattle day 1 as Ellie and taking my time after missing loads the first time around. Because the story is so long I struggled a bit first time around knowing who everyone was and what was going on - I played it on weekends only so a big gap in between plays. I am playing it every night now and the story is flowing much better for me. Started NG+ and it is nice to have all my upgrades already. I should be able to max out everything for both characters this play through. I never replay games right away but I felt compelled to do so with this one.

Soldato

That was probably the best area of the game for me, I loved the map idea too even if as Moonpie2 says it did feel rather padded just to search for fuel, would have been better if you'd been looking for clues on where the WLF were holed up. Sadly it's all pretty much single-tracked from there with the usual (very very pretty) dead ends from fallen trees, cars, etc.

Soldato
Meh - I must say I was rather enjoying it. Felt very polished, was enjoying the story, "going back in time".
The story was flowing nicely, I felt it was well paced - moments of madness with so much going on, other moments where stealth was the way to go.
Then boom - I don't seem to be able to progress any further. I mean, I don't think I'm particularly bad at the game, but (without spoilers) spending the last 45 minutes armed with only a hammer restarting the same sequence over and over again - bored to death.

Literally just rage quit a game for the first time in a decade - just powered the PS4 down, didn't even think twice.
I'll go and sleep on this now, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I became so frustrated with something.

V F

V F

Soldato
Meh - I must say I was rather enjoying it. Felt very polished, was enjoying the story, "going back in time".
The story was flowing nicely, I felt it was well paced - moments of madness with so much going on, other moments where stealth was the way to go.
Then boom - I don't seem to be able to progress any further. I mean, I don't think I'm particularly bad at the game, but (without spoilers) spending the last 45 minutes armed with only a hammer restarting the same sequence over and over again - bored to death.

Literally just rage quit a game for the first time in a decade - just powered the PS4 down, didn't even think twice.
I'll go and sleep on this now, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I became so frustrated with something.

The game forces you into fights versus the first one I've noticed.

Soldato

Try dropping the difficulty and/or use the slo-mo feature in the accessibility/combat options maybe, worst case there's the hidden whilst prone option that might help? There might also be an older backup auto-save that you could load if you're lucky.

Soldato
Finished it a week or so ago. Decent game. Figured out the story including the ending (although, not the exact sequence that made up the ending) about halfway through.

My one complaint, too long. I started getting bored with it. Like, bring on the end credits already. I don't think it's a spoiler when I mention Abby, surely everyone knows her by now. But I much preferred her story to the, let's say, original characters.

Everything else was pretty much on point. The scarcity of resources I always enjoy. Really had to think and plan each encounter, right down to the amount of bullets I have left to use. Sometimes I was forced to go hand to hand just to conserve whatever I had.

Lastly, I was a bit concerned when I read about the supposed 'politics' of the game. Part of me was inclined to be potentially .... concerned (for lack of better word) that this sick cancer would also invade entertainment products as it now certainly does with the so called 'professional reviewers' (all whom I completely ignore), but I saw nothing in there that I could care less about. I think it was all done extremely well.

I'd give it a 9/10. Same as I would give the original game.

Associate
Finished the game last night and loved it from start to finish. Took me 35 hours to complete. I was in the edge of my seat most of the time as the story gripped me and the atmosphere of the game was intense. Up there with the first one in my opinion. It can’t be that bad with the amount of people replying in this thread :cool:.

Soldato

This is my biggest gripe with the game, it throws you into some hard situations that you're ill prepared for especially on survivor. I'm stuck somewhere right now and simply don't have the resources to deal with it but I refuse to drop the difficulty in any way, beat it I will, on my umpteenth something attempt!

V F

V F

Soldato
This is my biggest gripe with the game, it throws you into some hard situations that you're ill prepared for especially on survivor. I'm stuck somewhere right now and simply don't have the resources to deal with it but I refuse to drop the difficulty in any way, beat it I will, on my umpteenth something attempt!

The funny thing is reading the comments.

Soldato

Tried re-starting checkpoint rather than encounter?

Back
Top Bottom