The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Permabanned
Allan Saint maximum 37k a week
Dan James 67k a week

Lewandowski 275k a week
Rashford 200k a week (mostly closer to 250k per week)

Just wrong in terms of both recruitment and contract offers.

Woodwards a banker not a football man at all thats why, And they wont appoint anyone else as ue helped them rob the club via the debt leverage takeover. So basically the Dons always have thier man run the show.

If you appointed a real football man, He might point out that they actually took 1 billion out while rivals put 1 billion in and point out ita unrealistic to expect to compete with them under these circumstances. And rightfully so Man United spend £37m in 2020 and Chelsea spend £200m.

I barely watch them tbh, The parasites ruined the enjoyment of football because what happens on the pitch well half of that is due to thier off the pitch antics. You got Darcy Glazer taking out personal loans etc. At least Abramovich does not see Chelsea and fans as his forever piggy bank he sees Chelsea as his way to spend and enjoy himself.

Caporegime
Woodwards a banker not a football man at all thats why, And they wont appoint anyone else as ue helped them rob the club via the debt leverage takeover. So basically the Dons always have thier man run the show.

If you appointed a real football man, He might point out that they actually took 1 billion out while rivals put 1 billion in and point out ita unrealistic to expect to compete with them under these circumstances. And rightfully so Man United spend £37m in 2020 and Chelsea spend £200m.

I barely watch them tbh, The parasites ruined the enjoyment of football because what happens on the pitch well half of that is due to thier off the pitch antics. You got Darcy Glazer taking out personal loans etc. At least Abramovich does not see Chelsea and fans as his forever piggy bank he sees Chelsea as his way to spend and enjoy himself.

I understand your sentiment but today we deserved to lose to Brighton hove albion.

Their spend is a fraction of ours over the last few years and they looked good.

We don't play Chelsea weekly and the reaso they spent so big is because last year they couldn't due to a transfer ban.

At that point we bought like 80m Harry maguire etc

Caporegime
We cannot all blame it on Woodward. I understand that Brighton are an improved side yesterday but we totally blew them out of the water six months ago and we played some fantastic football when we went on that run of 4 games in a row with a 3 goal margin. What ever the issue is now Ole and his team needs to fix and sort it not Woodward.

With a midfield of Bruno, Pogba, Matic and a front three who scored 60 goals between them last season we should be putting Brighton to bed easily.

Bailly should have started yesterday as should have Fred/VDB. It wasn't just the defence that was poor. Pogba was non existent in his defensive duties which meant Bruno had to play a lot deeper. He really needs to be sold next summer or even this January as we are better without him to be honest.

Soldato
Pogba was non existent in his defensive duties which meant Bruno had to play a lot deeper. He really needs to be sold next summer or even this January as we are better without him to be honest.
He's been nothing but trouble for this club. The sooner they get rid the better. I don't care how talented he is when he doesn't set the right tone either on or off the pitch. I'd play Fred or McTominay ahead of him despite their technical shortcomings. At least you feel you get 100%. He's in the same bracket as Ozil for me. Sadly we've missed the chance to get any decent money for him.

Soldato
He's been nothing but trouble for this club. The sooner they get rid the better. I don't care how talented he is when he doesn't set the right tone either on or off the pitch. I'd play Fred or McTominay ahead of him despite their technical shortcomings. At least you feel you get 100%. He's in the same bracket as Ozil for me. Sadly we've missed the chance to get any decent money for him.
Totally agree. I worried when I read they were looking to offer him a new deal a while ago, I think when we were on our last winning streak, and I just groaned. The sooner we are rid of him, the better.
Feels like playing with 10 men for 90% of the match if not more. Just to get the occasional ‘clever’ pass or assist. No thanks.

Don
I don't think there's been another footballer that's swung between being the best thing since sliced bread to his own supporters wanting rid of him as many times as Pogba. It sums him up as a player, when things are good, he's great but when the going gets tough you may as well be playing with 10 men.

Caporegime
He's just this week's scapegoat like Lindelof was last week. Nobody looks fit and this is what happens when you start a season with no preseason and a week of training. On top of that Pogba had Covid. He shouldn't be starting and it's shocking management from OGS to keep starting him while he isn't ready.

Caporegime
He's just this week's scapegoat like Lindelof was last week. Nobody looks fit and this is what happens when you start a season with no preseason and a week of training. On top of that Pogba had Covid. He shouldn't be starting and it's shocking management from OGS to keep starting him while he isn't ready.

Man City were in the exact same situation as us and they are fine. The squad has shown how good we can be post lockdown but the consistancy is terrible. It doesn't help when the players know their position is safe. You can see likes of Fred etc put in the work when they come on. Ole needs to start dropping underperforming players. VDB should be given a chance instead of Pogba.

Ole needs to get brutal and bring the right people in to work around him. Fitness is obviously not there. We were also third best defensively last season so how can we go backwards is beyond me.

Caporegime
Man City were in the exact same situation as us and they are fine. The squad has shown how good we can be post lockdown but the consistancy is terrible. It doesn't help when the players know their position is safe. You can see likes of Fred etc put in the work when they come on. Ole needs to start dropping underperforming players. VDB should be given a chance instead of Pogba.

Ole needs to get brutal and bring the right people in to work around him. Fitness is obviously not there. We were also third best defensively last season so how can we go backwards is beyond me.

Edited: to remove spoilers. Check the match thread.

Soldato
Interesting to see who will start on Wednesday against Brighton again.

Shame they're not scrapping the carabao cup this year, but what do you expect when it's all about money

Don
The PL clubs would happily drop out of the League Cup, there's no money in it for them at all. The EFL would sue them if they did though because their TV contract with Sky would be voided.

fez

fez

Caporegime

There is no excuse as a professional footballer not to be in peak or near condition all year round. Yes they need a break to recover and let injuries heal but they had basically a month off since the CL semi and they had an extended mid season break.

They are paid more in a week than 90% of people earn in a year, expecting them to keep a high level of fitness is the very least that should be expected to do. Match fitness and sharpness is another thing but that shouldn't take much time at all to get. This is one of the biggest things that has been lost with Ferguson. That professionalism and fear. United have had so many players in the past 7 years that don't give 2 ***** and know that they will be played no matter what.

Caporegime
There is no excuse as a professional footballer not to be in peak or near condition all year round. Yes they need a break to recover and let injuries heal but they had basically a month off since the CL semi and they had an extended mid season break.

They are paid more in a week than 90% of people earn in a year, expecting them to keep a high level of fitness is the very least that should be expected to do. Match fitness and sharpness is another thing but that shouldn't take much time at all to get. This is one of the biggest things that has been lost with Ferguson. That professionalism and fear. United have had so many players in the past 7 years that don't give 2 ***** and know that they will be played no matter what.

Money is nothing to do with match fitness and sharpness. If it was we wouldn't even need a preseason. Look around Europe, there is a reason most of the teams that played late in Europe last year are struggling. Bayern got thrashed last night, PSG lost their first two games, Lyon have had a dire start, Wolves got thrashed this weekend etc.

This 'extended mid season break' nonsense is just that. Who was having a break in that time? Nobody could travel or even leave the house regularly and mental stress was off the charts. If you think that was relaxing then I have no idea what to say. Pogba in particular has gone from being injured to playing a game every 2/3 days to having 3 weeks off, then having Covid into no preseason and a week's training and then suddenly we're playing every 3 days again! This season is going to be insane because footballers aren't robots. I only hope we don't see careers ruined because I imagine the injuries are going to pile up in the coming months.

Soldato
Up coming fixtures: Spurs, Newcastle, PSG, PenSea FC and RB Leipzig.

It's hard to see us getting more than 3(4?) points in total from these. Am I being pessimistic?

Shall we do a prediction? Who can guess how many points we'll come away with from the above? Poll?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom