The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
Up coming fixtures: Spurs, Newcastle, PSG, PenSea FC and RB Leipzig.

It's hard to see us getting more than 3(4?) points in total from these. Am I being pessimistic?

Shall we do a prediction? Who can guess how many points we'll come away with from the above? Poll?

Pretty much depends how the spurs game ends up and we go on from there.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sanchez came out a while ago and said that after his first training session with United he tried to cancel his move. Has he elaborated on that? I wonder if thats an indication of the sort of culture and coaching at the club right now.

Soldato
Sanchez came out a while ago and said that after his first training session with United he tried to cancel his move. Has he elaborated on that? I wonder if thats an indication of the sort of culture and coaching at the club right now.
Did seem a bizarre thing to come out with , without any further details.

surely the reason he wasn’t picked and played poorly was due to his attitude not the clubs?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Did seem a bizarre thing to come out with , without any further details.

surely the reason he wasn’t picked was due to his attitude not the clubs? He had an opportunity under two managers

I got the impression that he was always happy to play and worked hard but just wasn't performing and wasn't what the manager wanted.

Just seems bizarre to go to a training session and be so worried by that you want to cancel your move. Thats something I have never heard before.

Caporegime
That was just Sanchez trying to make excuses. Coming out with crap like he wanted to cancel his contract then sitting on a huge wage for over a year. I'm sure we would have cancelled it if he asked.

Soldato
Anyone got any thoughts on formational changes that Ole might try in order to get the team playing a bit better. We don't seem to have the players for 4-3-3. Maybe there is more merit in 3-5-1 given that our midfield and defence is so porous. Or does he take the brave pill and start benching Pogba like Mourinho did when he was playing crap. Does Telles become a Left sided CB? Something needs to change because it ain't working with Matic, Pogba and Fernandes in front of that back four.

Caporegime
Telles is definitely not a LCB, he'd play wingback. A 5-3-2 would be possible now with Cavani/Greenwood/Martial/Rashford up front.

3 bad centerbacks doesn't work. We just invite pressure that way instead of winning by being good.

See the last 5 minutes vs Brighton where we brought a third cb on and prayed to hang on... it was pathetic. Not team aspiring to win the league or be top 4 would play 3 cbs.

Soldato
Anyone got any thoughts on formational changes that Ole might try in order to get the team playing a bit better. We don't seem to have the players for 4-3-3. Maybe there is more merit in 3-5-1 given that our midfield and defence is so porous. Or does he take the brave pill and start benching Pogba like Mourinho did when he was playing crap. Does Telles become a Left sided CB? Something needs to change because it ain't working with Matic, Pogba and Fernandes in front of that back four.
Same formation , different players

bring back Fred and mctominay
Maybe start VDB instead of fernandes

Caporegime
Pogba and Bruno cannot play at the same time. It just doesn't work. Trying to offload Pogba is the problem as no one can afford him. Fred, VDB and Fernandes would be a far better balance to the situation.

I would also give Mctominay a go at CB as well. He is already playing in a back line for Scotland. He has all the attributes and more importantly the work ethic.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would be shot of Pogba as soon as we can find a buyer. RM or Barca would be my choice. In a perfectly balanced team that dominates almost all their opponents he is a top player but that isn't United. His arrogance costs us far too many times and he ruins the balance of the midfield.

Soldato
I would be shot of Pogba as soon as we can find a buyer. RM or Barca would be my choice. In a perfectly balanced team that dominates almost all their opponents he is a top player but that isn't United. His arrogance costs us far too many times and he ruins the balance of the midfield.
This is correct we did alright with out him when Bruno came

Back
Top Bottom