US: The Mandalorian

Man of Honour
Boba wanted his armour back. That was why the stand off. Once he got it he was happy to help Mando get the child back.
Ah right. So at first he was willing to kill the child for his armour, but now he’s got his armour he’s up for dying to save the child.

I... err.... see! :p :o

It’s made even more confusing with the sniper character, who Mando had previously ‘arrested’ and should have absolutely no allegiance to Mando.

Man of Honour
Its a mando like deal, no harm would come to the child if he got his armour back, child got darktroopernapped, Boba will help the child return unharmed.
Yeah, I know. I do get it... it just feels more ‘convenient’ than what seems naturally logical.

Also... it does mean we get to see more of Boba Fat :D

Permabanned
Yeah, I know. I do get it... it just feels more ‘convenient’ than what seems naturally logical.

Also... it does mean we get to see more of Boba Fat :D

Totally convenient, I was also thinking he might offer Mando a lift at best. Still, I will allow them to form an ass kicking Grogu rescue crew, this is fine with me. :p

I especially like how Boba's belly sticks out the bottom a bit now. :D

Permabanned
lol, that was actually crappier than normal.

'Oh look, an ambush! I'll just leave my jet-pack by this rock then'

More countless and pointless stormtrooper trash mobs. Only Mando ever gets hit (in his armour)

Gus is also horrible in this. It's a role that he just doesn't portray well at all.

Don

More countless and pointless stormtrooper trash mobs. Only Mando ever gets hit (in his armour)

Gus is also horrible in this. It's a role that he just doesn't portray well at all.

Yawn - go and watch something else, because this show is clearly not something you enjoy

Caporegime

Personally I enjoyed it but you have to get over how almost comically bad the empire is at fighting.

but they really are basically just cannon fodder anyway.

they're like boy scouts with guns playing at war

Caporegime
Once more, baaaaad writing in Episode 6. A few things that stood out:

• [*]Mando brings the baby to the planet and then sees that he is suddenly enclosed by the mystical power of the force and starts saying "hurry up make it quick" because he sees a ship?
    [*]Mando tried a third to get through the force barrier despite being knocked down and/or out twice? I think he failed the IQ test.
    [*]Mando put down his treasured jetpack, one of his most invaluable and advantageous combat/travel assets we see in every epsiode, and then for some reason didn’t pick it back up when the enemy ships came despite having plety of time to do so? I mean come on, that is ridiculous.
    [*]The Stormtroopers were bad even by normal standards, it's like they had all never fought before. I get they are supposed to be inaccurate, but come on... they aren't supposed to be complete morons.
    [*]Boba Fett first threatens the baby and then now all of a sudden risks his life to go and save him even though he knows he is on an imperial cruiser and even though he has no stake in it? I mean wtf... why the **** have they changed his character to "stupidly noble with a death wish"? Bizzarre.
    [*]Baby Yoda at the end, torturing those troopers and not even reacting when Gideon came in... it was just odd.
I had such high hopes for this season and it's sad to see a decline in quality from the first season. More special effects but far less brains, it's a missed opportuity.

Yawn - go and watch something else, because this show is clearly not something you enjoy
...or you could learn how to handle valid criticism of a show you happen to like? We are all adults here.

Man of Honour
Finally picked up Disney plus and watching this in 4K. Episode 4 is absolutely brilliant.
Glad we’ve finally got some decent Star Wars.

Oh, revelations in episode 5 :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some of it is valid, however it's getting frankly tiresome when every week the same people seems to be slating, what the majority here view as awesome episodes
Its best to just ignore the moaners. Goodness knows why they still watch.
Like I said, if they don't force themselves to watch shows they dislike then they'll have nothing to whine about on the internet.
Well guys, no-one is breaking any rules so it's time to put on your big boy pants and just accept that some people have different opinions to the "majority". Opinions in a discussion thread can be negative as well as positive so either simply ignore them, or respond to them intelligently, because as long as they keep having bad elements then people will point them out. When an episode is actually "awesome" in how it is written then I will be the first to praise it.

Soldato
Some people just like to moan.

Victor Meldrew???

It does comes to point when you just have to realise the TV show is just not for you.

It does take a little while.

New Star Trek. I used to have a little swipe now and then but then the penny dropped. It's just not for me or will never will be. So time to bow out. No point in beating a dead horse.

I think people get that the show is simplistic what's the point in repeating it every week.

Caporegime
Some people just like to moan.

Victor Meldrew???

It does comes to point when you just have to realise the TV show is just not for you.

It does take a little while.

New Star Trek. I used to have a little swipe now and then but then the penny dropped. It's just not for me or will never will be. So time to bow out. No point in beating a dead horse.

I think people get that the show is simplistic what's the point in repeating it every week.
I think that if some people don't understand the basic concept of how other people can have critical opinions about a show they still want to watch, then those people have probably never been accused of being intellectuals.

Soldato
I think that if some people don't understand the basic concept of how other people can have critical opinions about a show they still want to watch, then those people have probably never been accused of being intellectuals.
Fair point but it's been the same opinion for the past few weeks Even a dumdum like myself has received the message loud and clear. I'm not surprised people are getting fed up.

Soldato
Anybody love the small details the show nails?

Was fantastic seeing Boba wielding the Gaffi (gaderffii) to devastating effect
"

Soldato
Some people are very passionate about a show and will continue to watch even though it is a mess from a personal point of view. I felt the same way about Star Trek Discoball in its current season - it just wasn't for me and was centred around one character being the saviour of all. Sod that, so I stopped watching because I want an hour of my time for something else.

I've got zero issues with this show and enjoy every episode that comes in. My only chief complaint is the random lengths per eps. Yes there are stupid moments, but this isn't a film and wait...the last films were o so perfect in terms of logic and story.

Back
Top Bottom