US: The Mandalorian

Man of Honour
Need to finish episode 5 and 6 today. 5 has been excellent so far, I like that we finally have a little backstory. They have nailed the atmosphere too. So far this is significantly better than the sequel trilogy.

Last edited:
Soldato
We've been trying to hold off watching season 2 so we could binge it.
Caved.. Watched all available S2 episodes over the weekend.
Absolutely mint.

Soldato
I repeat if anyone hasn't watched the making of the show they should. Pretty amazing what they are doing with the technology.
The only thing that I found distracting was Boba Fett ideally needing a large suit of armour, bit of a squeeze but it happens to us all. :D
No body shaming!!!

Daddy Fett still got it :p

Permabanned
Fair point but it's been the same opinion for the past few weeks Even a dumdum like myself has received the message loud and clear. I'm not surprised people are getting fed up.

But then I could quite easily get just as upset with people praising it every week since their opinion differs to mine too. I don't, even though I find it quite disappointing that some flash visuals and a bit of laser pew-pew is now the staple for 'awesome' and 'brilliant', 10/10 etc.

Nowhere near that good in my opinion. For a start, the writing has repeatedly scripted the protagonist to act like some sort of noob in fancy armour. So noob in fact, that if he's not deliberately crash-landing and marooning himself on desolate ice worlds, he's discarding his jetpack in critical situations so he can go run up and down some hill instead. What's even more ridiculous is he then proceeded to battle with an unknown energy field, and continued to do so even when the damn thing knocked him out. I thought these Mandalorian's were supposed to be some kind of elite warriors that were so bad ass that they can go toe-to-toe with the Jedi? Could have fooled me. Even a bunch of fishermen got the better of this clown.

And where is the consistency? So beyond not re-equipping his jetpack, now all of a sudden there's a hurry to leave because 'oh no a drop-ship filled with toy soldiers has landed'. So? He just razed a massive military base full of them, where they were in/out with little to no planning or strategy and pulled it off without breaking a sweat. But now for some reason there's a big panic to flee, and instead of going on another turkey shoot, Mando decides to try his hand at said energy field needing three goes before the penny drops finally realising he should defend his position which was what the whole scenario was crying out for from the beginning.

There is also, at the end of nearly two seasons, zero tension going on. Nothing to get excited about as it's just one side quest after another with some semblance of a main plot thrown in the odd episode. No real character development either. Personally I'd rather the three of them just chilled with a picnic and present some backstory as to why those two were left for dead of whatever. Just for a change, rather than endure another lame and mindless action packed episode where it's Mando and Co kicking ass all over the place.

Was fantastic seeing Boba wielding the Gaffi (gaderffii) to devastating effect

Tin soldiers aside, I must agree that was pretty good.

Anyhow, you can all label this as whining and moaning etc if that makes it easier to deal with, but no one here with a negative opinion is expecting this to be something it isn't. We get it, it's made by Disney, and we are not criticising because there isn't any deep engaging dialogue with multiple plot lines and over arching stories. It's now a long way home from its roots and it seems to me it's nothing more than some light-hearted entertainment these days.

But that doesn't excuse this either lazy or dozy writing which is borderline insulting sometimes. All of these episodes could have been executed differently resulting in the same conclusion minus the moronic scenes already demonstrated. There is simply far too much focus funnelling the budget into the visual 'wow factor' and nowhere near enough emphasis on actually making the episodes believable. Not even remotely so.

Caporegime
But then I could quite easily get just as upset with people praising it every week since their opinion differs to mine too. I don't, even though I find it quite disappointing that some flash visuals and a bit of laser pew-pew is now the staple for 'awesome' and 'brilliant', 10/10 etc.

Nowhere near that good in my opinion. For a start, the writing has repeatedly scripted the protagonist to act like some sort of noob in fancy armour. So noob in fact, that if he's not deliberately crash-landing and marooning himself on desolate ice worlds, he's discarding his jetpack in critical situations so he can go run up and down some hill instead. What's even more ridiculous is he then proceeded to battle with an unknown energy field, and continued to do so even when the damn thing knocked him out. I thought these Mandalorian's were supposed to be some kind of elite warriors that were so bad ass that they can go toe-to-toe with the Jedi? Could have fooled me. Even a bunch of fishermen got the better of this clown.

And where is the consistency? So beyond not re-equipping his jetpack, now all of a sudden there's a hurry to leave because 'oh no a drop-ship filled with toy soldiers has landed'. So? He just razed a massive military base full of them, where they were in/out with little to no planning or strategy and pulled it off without breaking a sweat. But now for some reason there's a big panic to flee, and instead of going on another turkey shoot, Mando decides to try his hand at said energy field needing three goes before the penny drops finally realising he should defend his position which was what the whole scenario was crying out for from the beginning.

There is also, at the end of nearly two seasons, zero tension going on. Nothing to get excited about as it's just one side quest after another with some semblance of a main plot thrown in the odd episode. No real character development either. Personally I'd rather the three of them just chilled with a picnic and present some backstory as to why those two were left for dead of whatever. Just for a change, rather than endure another lame and mindless action packed episode where it's Mando and Co kicking ass all over the place.

Tin soldiers aside, I must agree that was pretty good.

Anyhow, you can all label this as whining and moaning etc if that makes it easier to deal with, but no one here with a negative opinion is expecting this to be something it isn't. We get it, it's made by Disney, and we are not criticising because there isn't any deep engaging dialogue with multiple plot lines and over arching stories. It's now a long way home from its roots and it seems to me it's nothing more than some light-hearted entertainment these days.

But that doesn't excuse this either lazy or dozy writing which is borderline insulting sometimes. All of these episodes could have been executed differently resulting in the same conclusion minus the moronic scenes already demonstrated. There is simply far too much focus funnelling the budget into the visual 'wow factor' and nowhere near enough emphasis on actually making the episodes believable. Not even remotely so.

Perfectly written and summarized and echoes my thoughts exactly. In another life, I would make an honest woman out of you. <3 :D

Sadly, it's on an intellectual level that many here can't or won't engage on when it comes to criticism of any TV show they like. Ahh well, in the end it makes no difference and won't stop us posting our personal thoughts on each episode. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You do you peeps :)

I guess by the general feeling in this thread most are happy to look past all the MacGuffins and just enjoy the show without having to dissect ever single scene.

Soldato
Why does Boba want to help Mando take the kid to a Jedi when Boba watched his father get beheaded by a Jedi ? Surely anything Jedi related would see Boba rage with anger, unless he spent some years in the Sarlacc contemplating things whilst plotting his escape from the beast

Back
Top Bottom