* The Metal Thread *

Associate
The mention of Katatonia and Paradise Lost. Reminded me of Anathama.
I used to be into them along with My Dying Bride and various black metal bands in the 90s but kind of dropped off the scene as I got a bit older.

I few years ago I saw Anathema play an acoustic set at Gloucester Cathedral. Was kind of odd being in the queue on a lovely summers Sunday evening with a bunch of old rockers in inverted pentagram tshirts waiting to get into a holy site. (Fair play to the cathedral for hosting it tbh as it kind of goes against the grain!)

Anyway in all fairness Anatema had been off my radar for such a long time I didn't really know what to expect and in all honesty I was a bit dissapointed. Very Simon and Garfunkel lol.

However I have since watched the set again on youtube albeit at a different venue and I really do like it.. Similar depressive vibes on a lot of the songs and some really nice meolides.

Anyway, have an old and new :D

Oh and I saw Cradle of Filth play at Coventry Godiva festival a couple of years ago. Thought by brother was taking the **** when he asked if I wanted to go and he said the COF were the rock tent headliners, but he wasn't and they did. :D

Associate
The mention of Katatonia and Paradise Lost. Reminded me of Anathama.
I used to be into them along with My Dying Bride and various black metal bands in the 90s but kind of dropped off the scene as I got a bit older.

I few years ago I saw Anathema play an acoustic set at Gloucester Cathedral. Was kind of odd being in the queue on a lovely summers Sunday evening with a bunch of old rockers in inverted pentagram tshirts waiting to get into a holy site. (Fair play to the cathedral for hosting it tbh as it kind of goes against the grain!)

Anyway in all fairness Anatema had been off my radar for such a long time I didn't really know what to expect and in all honesty I was a bit dissapointed. Very Simon and Garfunkel lol.

However I have since watched the set again on youtube albeit at a different venue and I really do like it.. Similar depressive vibes on a lot of the songs and some really nice meolides.

Anyway, have an old and new :D

Oh and I saw Cradle of Filth play at Coventry Godiva festival a couple of years ago. Thought by brother was taking the **** when he asked if I wanted to go and he said the COF were the rock tent headliners, but he wasn't and they did. :D

I only heard of Anathema when they had turned prog/alt rock band and really love the melancholy/low mood vibes on the albums. Seen them live a few tiems and they are really good. They had a really great show on their tour that was cancelled due to the covid.

Associate
seen this yet ? :D

I love this guy and his covers. Some great fun. Hopefully going to see him again in either Prague or London later this year. Saw him at Wacken last summer and it was brilliant. He played the last show of the festival, 2am on Sunday morning in one of the tents and it was crowded, you could hardly move in there but it was a brilliant athmosphere, a massive party with people dancing around etc.

Associate
After the let down that was Fear Inoculum I have been listening to Pucifer, which I knew of but only really got exposed to after watching Yellowstone.

To me they have always been one of Maynard James Keenan's less know side projects, but currently I would say they are asily just as good as A Perfect Circle..

Back
Top Bottom