* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Not strictly metal but close enough.

I'm not a big Porcupine Tree fan and only babbled a little over the years.

But this week I have listened to a lot of their albums and this is the best of what I have heard so far:

Associate
Not new or anything and possibly been posted before (I haven't gone through 200 pages) but had this firmly lodged in my head since seeing it on the Download TV coverage last month:

Associate
Just started to play Metallica - S&M2. The first S&M album is the album who really opened my eyes up for the metal music and really stole my heart :D I saw the S&M2 show at the cinema as well when they showed it and that was a really awesome experience. Not often I get the chance to listen to music with those kind of soundsystems :D

Soldato
For the 25th Anniversary of Down's NOLA album it was played in a Live Streamed Gig last night which was great for what it was (rather than a Tour sadly :(). After playing the album they played a selection of other Down tracks and the whole 2hr30 past so quickly. Livestreaming will never replace a gig for me but if it's the only way to see this vs nothing then I'll take the livestream.

Back
Top Bottom