* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Easily one of the heaviest, most brutal albums I've heard, pure awesomeness.

What an amazing band though. Not many bands are able to maintain such a consistently high standard, yet evolve their sound as much as they did, taking quite a few risks, which paid off spectacularly in my opinion. They even had the balls to pack it in when they knew they had no more to offer.

Big Isis fan myself.

Sham they split up.

Soldato
Any one heard the new Opeth album?

What you think?

At first I didnt like it much, but its growing on me.

Really want them to return back to Death Metal tho, thats where the magic at.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any Mad Capsule Markets fans on here?

I've recently discovered the side project by one of the guys, Wagdug Futuristic Unity. It's pretty awesome if you like that kind of Japanese Digital Hardcore, sample:

Soldato
Indeed it's very heavy, my favorite album by them so far. Got to admit I'm not so much into thier post-metal material, but I think it just needs time.

The first ISIS album I listened to was Panopticon, so I always saw them as a progressive metal band (in the truest sense). That said, even in their earlier stuff, it's pretty obvious the type of sound they were pushing for.

Soldato
I'm currently wetting my pants over the new Opeth and Mastodon albums. Good times! :)

Oh and wetting my pants with laughter over the recent release of that Lou Reed/Metallica song. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Been into metal for years, could never really get into 'shug, I guess because of the crazy timings, but its finally clicked! Can't get enough now!

Soldato
I'm currently wetting my pants over the new Opeth and Mastodon albums. Good times! :)

Oh and wetting my pants with laughter over the recent release of that Lou Reed/Metallica song. :D

Yea still need time to digest the new Opeth material myself. Was mega disappointed at first, now im getting more in to it, but hope they go back to some death metal again.

Was listening to Morning Rise, today.

Awsome, but all thier albums are awsome, but imo they started getting flaky since Watershed...

Soldato
Geezer Butler off Plastic Planet (1995) Great and underrated album imo, didn't sell much as Geezer always seems to have been in the shadow of Ozzy and Iommi, just as creative and more of a departure from Sabbaths sound than anything either of them did post Sabbath.

Soldato
Anybody else got Machinehead Unto the Locust or Mastodon The Hunter? Both pretty damn good albums and thats on top of Anthrax and Opeth over the last couple of weeks.

Soldato
Anybody else got Machinehead Unto the Locust or Mastodon The Hunter? Both pretty damn good albums and thats on top of Anthrax and Opeth over the last couple of weeks.

Haven't got the Opeth one yet, but have the other 3, all of them really good albums imo. I was initially a bit disappointed with Mastodons The Hunter as I was hoping for Blood Mountain/Cracke The Skye style, but with repeated listens it's really grown on me and is prob one of my favourite Masto albums now.

Back
Top Bottom