* The Metal Thread *

Associate
I saw Evile twice with Mike Alexander on bass before he died :( they were pretty awesome, i've not really given them a listen since the new album, although I caught a bit of them at Bloodstock last year :)

David

Associate
Just came back from seeing Turisas who were very good, they always put on a nice live show. Glad I went later on and missed the support bands as I'm sure my ears would be doubly screwed.

Thought it was reason enough to post :)

Man of Honour
Sugarmill by any chance? I was gutted I couldn't make it :(

Yes.

When Savage Messiah were on they were using Evile's drumkit and I was very close to going over to the 'sound engineer' and asking him to do something with it, it was probably the worst drum sound I've heard and the guitar sounds weren't up to much either.
When they came off I watched the roadies and nothing was changed on the kit and when Evile came on it was an amazing drum sound.
I thought those dirty tricks were done back in the 70s.

Associate
I'm close to buying Texas In July and We Came as Romans two albums. Any opinions?

Also, spec me some new Tech Metal/Deathcore.

I don't care if they're a bunch of sulky teenagers, Miss May I are great.

And finally, this band is ridiculously underrated. Possibly the best metal vocals I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Associate
From what I can remember the new Texas in July album is pretty decent. If you are not bothered about lyrical themes then I suggest you listen to For Today.

Also, Stray From The Path are pretty incredible, could suggest more Tech if you want to be a bit more specific?

Last edited:
Soldato
Amon Amarth - Definitely their best album, not as Death Metal as the older stuff but still crushing! The best thing was that they released this album (Versus the World) as a Live album too and even Live they're as tight as the Studio version!

Associate
A little something for the Maiden fans!

I never knew until last night that Iron Maiden did this, when the the One Show featured a "Jim'll Fix It" clip (some of you may of seen) which featured part of this clip. A good watch indeed! :) It's also good to see that some new professional footage from the 1986-1987 tour exists!

Liam

Last edited:
Soldato
A little something for the Maiden fans!

I never knew until last night that Iron Maiden did this, when the the One Show featured a "Jim'll Fix It" clip (some of you may of seen) which featured part of this clip. A good watch indeed! :) It's also good to see that some new professional footage from the 1986-1987 tour exists!

Liam

That was awesome! Man I would give anything to have been able to see them on that tour. Easily my favourite Maiden album. Thanks for sharing mate!

Soldato
going to see no less than 6 bands tomorrow night

really only interested in the last 3

Apocalyptic Masterpiece 8.15 - 8.40
Katabolisis 8.55 - 9.15
The Sickening 9.30 - 10.00
Valkyrja 10.15 - 10.45
Vader 11.00 - 12.00
Gorgoroth 12.15 - 01.15

Back
Top Bottom