The Midnight Sky | Netflix

Soldato

Our humanity always endures.

This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine (George Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully (Felicity Jones) and her fellow astronauts from returning home to Earth, where a mysterious global catastrophe has taken place. Clooney directs the adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight, co-starring David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir and Tiffany Boone. Coming to Netflix December 23rd.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Boringly predictable manufactured drama against a pretty backdrop and reasonable acting.

Yup a pretty fair summary, i must admit to being a bit disappointed by the movie, i was expecting something with a bit more meat on it's bones but it killed a couple of hours, not worth a rewatch tho.

Associate
Yup a pretty fair summary, i must admit to being a bit disappointed by the movie, i was expecting something with a bit more meat on it's bones but it killed a couple of hours, not worth a rewatch tho.
This. Just like solaris TBH, also a clooney film with similar themes that they didnt spoil in the trailer, but led to a boring movie overall.

Man of Honour
Thought the ending was naff and seemed to miss one vital point about what would need to happen next

There was some looseness over the nature of the K23 colony in the movie - I assume it was partially populated already especially as there was supposed to be other logistic ships heading outbound and the ship in the movie looked like it was more than just an exploration ship plus all the talk of cleared passages, etc. but I didn't really spend too much time looking into the details.

Soldato
I was thinking the same

future is all inbred, surely they could have had the other woman survive so there's some genetic variety

Back
Top Bottom