The MSI Neo2 Platinum Owners Help Thread

Soldato
Originally posted by Legion
So if that's true,how come I can run 315htt with abosolute stability?
I couldn't do that on my K8N!

Your system is slightly different now dont you think? :eek:

They have done a lot to add to the Neo2, but under its new clothes, its still the K8N.

Associate
Originally posted by masterk
Your system is slightly different now dont you think? :eek:

They have done a lot to add to the Neo2, but under its new clothes, its still the K8N.

Hmmm,I'd agree that is a rework of the same design!
If you look further back in the thread you'll see that mine nearly went back in the box for rma!
Then all of a sudden it started to perform at settings that did not work before!
I still can't get my 3700EB to work at anything other than 3,3,3,10 at 1t with stability though!
We will have to see what the next bios release's solve.

Associate
ive got one of these boards but ive not got my cpu or ram yet so ive got to wait until they are delivered tomorrow now to play with it :(

Any one got any: GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3500 Ultra Series CAS2 (GL1GB3500UDC) (MY-019-GL)?

thats what ive got turning up tmz, ive not heard anything bad about this combo yet but thought i better brace myself for a bit of disapoinment!

Associate
can you guys help me. I have the K8V SE Deluxe and I cant install windows or anything. It brings a black screen up after post screen and says NTLDR file missing. CTRL+ALT+DEL then its just restarts and does same. also when I put in the boot cd and try and install windows it brings up the blue screen when it formats something about page. Why is it doing this.

Soldato
Your post is not very clear, and possibly in the wrong thread.
Full system details (drives etc etc ) would help.
Is this a fresh install on a new drive or?

Have a look @ NTLDR is missing.
There are many pages like that, tho they mainly apply to 2K.
Like this.

rlm

rlm

Associate
Sorry but why has that been posted here, I’m sure none of us helping others but this is a kinda stupid place to post it. Don’t you think we would all be using neo2's and not your board :p. Maybe it would be an idea to repost in a new topic, rather than leading this one astray.

Associate
I cannot boot from floppy with this board whatever I try, it's driving me mad. Luckily I didn't need the RAID drivers to load windows. I've tried 2 floppy drives, 3 cables and two molexes, even a USB floppy, no go. Any suggestions? I think I've turned everything on correctly in BIOS, the IDE floppy gives me a 40 error and the USB just hangs. I assume everyone here used a floppy to load the NV stuff? Perhaps I'm just being a **** :rolleyes:

Soldato
i was having trouble with random reboots etc until i moved the ram to different slots...

now i have it running stable at stock and my first impressions are that its quite a nice board.

tomorow im going to try to tighten the Ram timings and try to overclock.

will report back .

Associate
What would be the best 1GB OCZ RAM choice for my MSI Neo2 Platinum & FX53? I’m looking for the fastest, most stable stock combination for gaming - I’ll probably not overclock anytime soon and I’m not worried about the price just yet.

Initially I was going to go for crucial balistix but I’ve read far too many bad reports and am looking for a suitable alternative.

Also, are there any known compatibility issues with the MSI Neo2 Platinum and Antec PSUs?

Permabanned
OP
Originally posted by Paulus
i was having trouble with random reboots etc until i moved the ram to different slots...

now i have it running stable at stock and my first impressions are that its quite a nice board.

tomorow im going to try to tighten the Ram timings and try to overclock.

will report back .

Remember dual channel is slots 1&2, 3&4 not 1&3 2&4 on this board (colours are wrong on the board).

Soldato
i had mine in 3 & 4 and it did NOT like it !!

it ran ok, but would give silly intermittent problems..

Now ive move the RAM to 1 & 2 and touching my wood ;) it seems to have sorted out the problems..

Permabanned
OP
I really liked the board too - was a bit niggly, but nothing major that annoyed me - but my satellite setup used too much resources on it, so i had to go back to p4 (HT, best invention since the wheel) and swapped my 2.6C for a 30 capper 3.0C that does 3.9 - and its about 10% slower than the 3500 and board running at 2.6ghz. Once i get broadband ill go back to A64 - only 9 months to go :p

Soldato
sorry for any silly questions,im a bit of a noob to oclocking...

1) how do you know if your running at 1:1 divider ?

2) what other settings do you have in your bios ?
ie. high performance mode/aggresive timings/dynamic overclocking/spread spectrum/cool n quiet/ etc

Edit:
im set at 215 x11 HT x4 and im getting 24441 3Dmk01

Edit2:
set at 228 x 11 ht x 4 25747 3dmk01

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Paulus
sorry for any silly questions,im a bit of a noob to oclocking...

1) how do you know if your running at 1:1 divider ?

2) what other settings do you have in your bios ?
ie. high performance mode/aggresive timings/dynamic overclocking/spread spectrum/cool n quiet/ etc

Edit:
im set at 215 x11 HT x4 and im getting 24441 3Dmk01

Edit2:
set at 228 x 11 ht x 4 25747 3dmk01

i dont have any other settings enabled....

timings are 2T 2.5-3-10-3 for memory

Everything else is off including cool n quiet.

just 10x250 and voltage changes for me.

Back
Top Bottom