The MSI Neo2 Platinum Owners Help Thread

Associate
Hi peeps just got my setup sorted today and i must say ive had NO problems with it at stock speeds not like the Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP i had nothing but problems with that last week thats why i RMA it at the weekend

you can see me spec in me sig. I will post a pic of the thermalright 120-xp heatsink for you lot to see, trust me you need a big case ;) .

Temps are

35c idle
42c load
Arctic silver 5 used

Last edited:
Soldato
How an earth are you going to fit your RAM in?
Not as in take off the HSF first, as in, is there much space?

BTW- what HSF is that? Looks juicy!

GIVE US MORE PICTURES OF THE BOARD!

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Originally posted by bluemoonmcfc
Here it is sorry for the size

aw come on dude that pictures nearly 2mb big!, i had to wait for the damn thing to download & ive got cable, show some thought for the 56k folk & just put a linky & a 56k warning...

Associate
Originally posted by VoG
aw come on dude that pictures nearly 2mb big!, i had to wait for the damn thing to download & ive got cable, show some thought for the 56k folk & just put a linky & a 56k warning...

Sorry still a noob at all this not sussed how to shrink them to a 56k friendly size,just thought people would not mind considering it's something new and people want to know about.

Here's link to more pics

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry still a noob at all this not sussed how to shrink them to a 56k friendly size,just thought people would not mind considering it's something new and people want to know about.

Here's link to more pics

Go edit your post, and stick this one in.
msicool.jpg

BTW, I reckon your web space is either getting hammered or is slow, cos I getting the pics @ 8-12 k a sec.
Like watching paint dry :(

EDIT: I just found the smaller ones.
A question for you. What the space betweem the cooler, and the ram?
I was thinking those using the high stuff below could have probs.

CorsairPro_TwinX_Summer.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I cant get mine to overclock to well. I tried the following:

set ram to 10,3,3,3

250x10 with HTT x4 it wouldnt even post

240x10 with HTT x4 Wouldn;t post either

Tried upping the CPU still wouldn't post. :(

Currently have it at 206x11 with HTT x5 ram timings @ 10,2,2,2 and my 3dMark01 score is 23978. Would be nice to get a bit more speed outta my CPU though.

Soldato
when i boot it says next to the Ram...

128bit mem clock is 225 mhz... ( the 225 is whatever i set the FSB in my bios too)

is this correct..

Can someone explain what running in 1:1 means and how i know if i am using a divider or not in this bios...

thank you.

Associate
Originally posted by split

A question for you. What the space betweem the cooler, and the ram?
I was thinking those using the high stuff below could have probs.

Well with my Corsair 3200XLPT theres between 1cm and 2cm of space between the ram and heatsink. It would be hard for me to take the ram out that are in slots 1 and 2 but once in there theres no problem.

Soldato
I can get the ram (OCZ EB) in slots 1 and 2 with a zalman without a problem.
Just have to do sort of a side entry for slot 1.

BTW, what was that thing like to fit, cos I have seen someone else having grief.

Here's what's up:

It's a pressure issue. I bent the retension pieces a little bit at a time and reseated the processor after each bend. After about 10 ( YES 10! ) reseats, i got the right amount of pressure and the thing boots up fine. I'm running it right now. Going to prime95 it and just pray to god

Associate
Well i had no problems i just followed the instructions on Thermalrights web site and it went straight on without any probs. I think you will have problems if you try and fit this heatsink to a board while everything is still in the case then i can see you having big problems.
I had everything is bit's so i guess that helped me.

zil

zil

Associate
Hi peeps just got my setup sorted today and i must say ive had NO problems with it at stock speeds not like the Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP i had nothing but problems with that last week thats why i RMA it at the weekend

you can see me spec in me sig. I will post a pic of the thermalright 120-xp heatsink for you lot to see, trust me you need a big case ;) .

Temps are

35c idle
42c load
Arctic silver 5 used

Thats the temps hes getting ;). What fan are u using on that? Is it a delta or just a normal fan or dare i say, a silent fan?

Associate
HS/Fan install

HS / Fan arrived today for a 3500 on an MSI Neo2 board...

unfortunately the damn board has a backplate and top bracket already fitted, for what looks like a retail heatsink/fan. The backplate appears to be glued on!!!

I need to take the backplate off to fit a Thermalright slk-948u what the hell am i going to do?

Soldato
Re: HS/Fan install

Originally posted by Cenuij
HS / Fan arrived today for a 3500 on an MSI Neo2 board...

unfortunately the damn board has a backplate and top bracket already fitted, for what looks like a retail heatsink/fan. The backplate appears to be glued on!!!

I need to take the backplate off to fit a Thermalright slk-948u what the hell am i going to do?

Yup just warm the glue on the back plate pad and push from the front using the 2 screw holes (if that makes sense)

Done it quite a few times with no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom