The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Went to see the house and sellers last night. They are being so helpful to us and letting us have so much stuff for free with the house. 3 piece sofa, dining table and chairs, all curtains, freezer, fridge, shelving, wardrobes, garden chairs, electric fire, bedside table, lamp shades. Couldn't be nicer people!

Also had a meeting with our mortgage broker, waiting to see what happens tomorrow with the BOE base rate then processing mortgage application. Had documentation from the solicitors today, feels like I'm reading War and Peace!

Soldato
My solicitor tells me all should be sorted this week with Land Reg issue.

I rang Land Reg this morning as i dont trust my so called solicitor and they tell me no, it will probably take quite some time to sort out the issue we are having!!!!!

I have emailed my solicitor with a strongly worded missive!

Soldato
My solicitor tells me all should be sorted this week with Land Reg issue.

I rang Land Reg this morning as i dont trust my so called solicitor and they tell me no, it will probably take quite some time to sort out the issue we are having!!!!!

I have emailed my solicitor with a strongly worded missive!

FWIW the Land Registry are no better than solicitors. It can depend entirely on who's desk your application ends up on (or even what office!), the type of application, what side of bed the person you ring got out of.... etc.

Your application shouldn't take long so long as there isn't a dispute about who actually owns the bits of land.

First Registrations are the only thing that really takes a long time at the moment (I received a completed one back earlier in the week that was submitted in February.. bearing in mind we've had a sale pending on this and the Land Reg supposedly marked it urgent!)

Soldato
Moving house in 2 weeks and was going to leave our Nest thermostat but buyer is being a d**K. I have not listed the thermostat on the list of items included with the sale so can i remove the nest leaving just the thermostat on the boiler?

You can remove anything you like prior to exchange so long as you inform them what's gone (amended Fittings and Contents Form). Likewise you can leave anything you want (excluding rubbish etc, obviously) unless they specifically ask you to remove it

Soldato
FWIW the Land Registry are no better than solicitors. It can depend entirely on who's desk your application ends up on (or even what office!), the type of application, what side of bed the person you ring got out of.... etc.

Your application shouldn't take long so long as there isn't a dispute about who actually owns the bits of land.

First Registrations are the only thing that really takes a long time at the moment (I received a completed one back earlier in the week that was submitted in February.. bearing in mind we've had a sale pending on this and the Land Reg supposedly marked it urgent!)

Land Reg told me that what we are asking for could take some time to sort out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to get quotes on a variable (tracker) mortgage to replace my quoted (and accepted) 3 years fix @ 2.65% from the post office.

Seems like I could be quids in! and would be surprised if rates significantly rise in the next 2 years? (thoughts?)

Caporegime
Going to get quotes on a variable (tracker) mortgage to replace my quoted (and accepted) 3 years fix @ 2.65% from the post office.

Seems like I could be quids in! and would be surprised if rates significantly rise in the next 2 years? (thoughts?)

Is it not a whole new application? Or after it's been accepted can you decide "oh btw I don't want a x year fixed I'll take a 2 year tracker".

Back
Top Bottom