The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
Buyers solicitor after nearly a week of everything being ok sprang the surprise yesterday afternoon when ready to exchange contracts that they'd decided they had some more queries to send over instead...:mad:

Soldato
A few weeks into the process with searches completed so just waiting now for a few bits to be confirmed by the sellers, as it's a leasehold property. They appear to owe some money for the maintenance so concerned that if it is not paid after exchange will I be liable?
Can't wait to get in and decorate, pricing up some Meranti for the living room.

Soldato
Fifth day in a row of unsuccessful attempts, it is done! Completing on Wednesday.

Experienced my solicitor being removed from the panel, changing to a new solicitor, wrong name being on the lease, wrong address on the mortgage, mortgage provider not answering the phone all day, seller up the chain disappearing but it is all done now :p.

Soldato
Fifth day in a row of unsuccessful attempts, it is done! Completing on Wednesday.

Experienced my solicitor being removed from the panel, changing to a new solicitor, wrong name being on the lease, wrong address on the mortgage, mortgage provider not answering the phone all day, seller up the chain disappearing but it is all done now :p.

Ahh that sounds like a nightmare, how long did it take with all those set backs if you don't mind me asking?

Associate
They are complete idiots. I am yet to find a competent solicitor!

It's one of those things I guess unless you prod they kinda just do stuff in the background as they are pretty busy

Good thing is all the new queries have been replied to and the buyer is just as keen and concerned about what tripe the solicitor is asking for

Soldato
It's one of those things I guess unless you prod they kinda just do stuff in the background as they are pretty busy

Good thing is all the new queries have been replied to and the buyer is just as keen and concerned about what tripe the solicitor is asking for

Well, we moved today. Me into a house share, wife into a lovely property she bought. Bit of waiting around for transfers to go through, which is normal. In the end we completed ok! I got yo start looking for a property to buy now.

Associate
well the indemnity insurance qoute came through its cheaper than i thought so hopefully things can progress again, we've been doing this since the end of December start of Jan so hopefully not much longer hoping for mid march

Back
Top Bottom