The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Offer accepted finally! Only taken nearly 4 days for the estate agent of the property we are buying to run their checks and get the information required :rolleyes:
Sold ours (accepted offer) about 2 weeks ago.

Soldato
So far:

Found fag buts under the bath
Stanley knife blade sitting on the lawn

What next?
Leaving fag Butts etc to be expected but Stanley blades available is dangerous if you have dogs/kids!

Apparently underneath the subfloor of my bathroom is a suite worth of broken tiles from when they previously replaced the bathroom suite :eek:

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Developers had their Help to Buy funding come through so all systems go now! Will be back on to the mortgage advisor come Monday to get application in and solicitor to get the ball rolling with them. Fingers crossed, should be in by the middle of June! :D

Caporegime
Leaving fag Butts etc to be expected but Stanley blades available is dangerous if you have dogs/kids!

Apparently underneath the subfloor of my bathroom is a suite worth of broken tiles from when they previously replaced the bathroom suite :eek:

Still don't appreciate the fag buts, meant to be a smoke free zone ones the roof is one.

Hah yeah we had a few from when they changed ours over

I mean if that is all you have to get worked up about, you are onto a massive winner...

There's bean other issues, obviously.

Sounds like fairly minor things in the grans scheme of things. Let's hope you don't get anything more serious :)

Love this sort of comment tbh, it's irrelevant, shouldn't happen full stop.

Had loads of other issues throughout, just haven't listed it all :p

Last edited:
Associate
Had the offer accepted on my first house after a year and a half of looking.

Haven't found a house I really liked since I was overbid on one outside of what I could afford last year. This one goes above and beyond what that house was so I'm really pleased it never went through.

Pre-surveying I don't think iot really needs any amount of working doing to it and I can move straight in without having to do much of anyting. It does need pointing doing outside but I feel I'll be able to have a pop at that myself borrowing my brother in laws scaffolding for a week sometime.

I bid 113k expecting to come up to 120k but when I got in touch with the bank for a DOP the bank told me I could only have 99.5k which threw a big curveball in having only around £16k in savings it left not a lot or anything to kit a house out. My bid got rejected and so I said rather than keep bumping up I will just give them what I could afford based on the current DOP and offered 117k which was accepted. I was able to get a 90% mortage for 117k shopping around so I will now have funds left over for items in the house which is a massive bonus as I had an intention of saying with my parents for maybe 6 months still and only paying the mortgage to help save up some more funds.

I was also hoping for a couple more months of living with my parents to build up a few more grand but it seems the current owners have been proceeding on with buying a property whilst selling this one, so their new home is currently empty aso the sale may end up being relatively quick which I;m excited about regardless.

It is ideal as it is next to a reasonable sized forrest so great for walk, hikes and biking

https://www.martinco.com/property/for-sale/417957

Caporegime
Had the offer accepted on my first house after a year and a half of looking.

Haven't found a house I really liked since I was overbid on one outside of what I could afford last year. This one goes above and beyond what that house was so I'm really pleased it never went through.

Pre-surveying I don't think iot really needs any amount of working doing to it and I can move straight in without having to do much of anyting. It does need pointing doing outside but I feel I'll be able to have a pop at that myself borrowing my brother in laws scaffolding for a week sometime.

I bid 113k expecting to come up to 120k but when I got in touch with the bank for a DOP the bank told me I could only have 99.5k which threw a big curveball in having only around £16k in savings it left not a lot or anything to kit a house out. My bid got rejected and so I said rather than keep bumping up I will just give them what I could afford based on the current DOP and offered 117k which was accepted. I was able to get a 90% mortage for 117k shopping around so I will now have funds left over for items in the house which is a massive bonus as I had an intention of saying with my parents for maybe 6 months still and only paying the mortgage to help save up some more funds.

I was also hoping for a couple more months of living with my parents to build up a few more grand but it seems the current owners have been proceeding on with buying a property whilst selling this one, so their new home is currently empty aso the sale may end up being relatively quick which I;m excited about regardless.

It is ideal as it is next to a reasonable sized forrest so great for walk, hikes and biking

https://www.martinco.com/property/for-sale/417957

Good work man, hope it all goes well :)

As above, our two bed her costs £277,750 :D (new mind), amazing how much stuff fluctuates.

Associate
Thanks guys. Yeah house prices down south would cripple me. I think I still got a good deal but it is based on parking on the cul de sac is a nightmare but fortunately this has its own drive

Associate
That's a really nice first-time house! Amazing value for the money by the looks of it, nice one.

FYI the buying process will give you likely 3 months extra saving time as all solicitors seem to be dragging their heels at the moment. Still waiting for ours to even ask for money for searches etc, and first instructed them 6 weeks ago...

Soldato

I found a couple of bags of glass jars in the crawl space. No idea how they got there as they're a decent crawl away from the hatch. Unless there was an old one there, but then why store them down there?

Associate
That's a really nice first-time house! Amazing value for the money by the looks of it, nice one.

FYI the buying process will give you likely 3 months extra saving time as all solicitors seem to be dragging their heels at the moment. Still waiting for ours to even ask for money for searches etc, and first instructed them 6 weeks ago...

Thank you

The estate agents were wanting me to use a solicitors that were pretty quick in response and reccomended me a few to use and a few to avoid. I went with one where a realtion works and she is actually handing my case so it might speed things up. Either way I have worked out I need around £6,000 to get all the essentials I will need to move in that I don't currently have, and that includes a fresh John Ryan Artisan Naturals mattress :D

I can't wait till things start moving a bit quicker as I will start getting things like a sofa and mattress ordered ready for delivery. JR say they will store a mattress for up to 2 months free of charge and its around 5 weeks lead so the sooner things get confirmed the better really.

Really excited to have my own space. Going to have a room specifically for my wardrobe and outdoor clothes/gear, room downstairs for my VR setup and convert the garage into a climbing gym lol

Soldato
Just signed all the documentation for my place, exchange feels closer!

Only thing I realise is that the boiler hasn't got an installation certificate (installed in 2013). It has however since been serviced etc by gas safe installers. I presume this is OK? They've offered to pay for a £20 indemnity insurance but I'm not exactly sure what that is indemnifying?

Long term its likely I may replace the boiler as its a cheap 24kW unit and it's quite a big 4 bed house (1700sqft) that's 1930s built so I'm sure will be cold! Overall if I had to £2k to replace it'd be fairly insignificant on the overall house cost.

Soldato
Just signed all the documentation for my place, exchange feels closer!

Only thing I realise is that the boiler hasn't got an installation certificate (installed in 2013). It has however since been serviced etc by gas safe installers. I presume this is OK? They've offered to pay for a £20 indemnity insurance but I'm not exactly sure what that is indemnifying?

Long term its likely I may replace the boiler as its a cheap 24kW unit and it's quite a big 4 bed house (1700sqft) that's 1930s built so I'm sure will be cold! Overall if I had to £2k to replace it'd be fairly insignificant on the overall house cost.

Indemnity will probably cover you in case it blows up and takes your house with it, they can only be touched by gas safe engineers, so it's probably to protect against some cowboy having installed it without your knowledge.

Could be wrong, but that is my first thought. You can ask them what the indemnity policy covers.

Soldato
It will be for building regs.
Is it actually for building regs or gas safe register?

I found a document of the commissioning checklist by the gas safe installer, found hes a gas safe installer (by checking the website) and also that a different gas safe installer has serviced it. I presume that means it should be a sound enough install

Caporegime
You need to ask them specifically what the indemnity is for, we had indemnity insurance but we got that as they wanted to proceed before a specific search came back (which we already knew the result of) but didn't have the paperwork for, so it was taken out incase it came back differently, therefore keeping out sale safe. Basically.

Back
Top Bottom