The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Following on from this, been a busy day. Everything fell in to place luckily and we're all set to move tomorrow.
Our seller agreed to let me move our 5foot aquarium today, thank god they did, what I thought was going to take 2/3 hours has taken nearly 6, left their house at half 10 as they were going to bed, I felt very embarrassed as I didn't think it was going to take anywhere near that long (had some issues asking the way which didn't help the situation) the sellers were absolutely fine about it though, no grumbling at all.

How come you used a different solicitor for sale and purchase? Does that not cause more headaches?

Soldato
Looks like we've just been gazumped. People who'd had an offer turned down before have come back adding more than £10k to asking price, which is what we offered and had accepted. Glad I haven't paid out for the survey! Not going to enjoy telling my wife.

Pet Northerner
Don
TR1 has turned up for my onward purchase.

Christ I think this might be happening now.

Looks like we've just been gazumped. People who'd had an offer turned down before have come back adding more than £10k to asking price, which is what we offered and had accepted. Glad I haven't paid out for the survey! Not going to enjoy telling my wife.

That sucks man, I feel for you there. We were gazumped earlier on this year and it's not nice.

Soldato
They’d be hiring an electrician to remove it. They’re a professional couple so I doubt they’d leave it in a dangerous situation.

Unfortunately it was not listed in the fixtures and fittings document neither was another thing which they’ve confirmed is part of the sale. I’ll have the FF updated.

The charger itself is a Tesla charger.

If its the original Tesla charger let them take it as they are terrible, if its the new one I’d still let them take it tbh as they are bottom end of current chargers you can get - i certinally wouldn’t pay £400 for one to be left.

Soldato
If its the original Tesla charger let them take it as they are terrible, if its the new one I’d still let them take it tbh as they are bottom end of current chargers you can get - i certinally wouldn’t pay £400 for one to be left.

It’s the latest one as far as I’m aware. Tbh, I’m not too fussed either way.

Soldato
‘terrible’ is a bit of a dramatic word to use to describe it. No they don’t have Zappi like functionality and they are ‘dumb’ but they are decent quality and don’t have that cheap plastic look like some do.

One of the bonuses of the old one is also it’s biggest curse. It can deliver 22kw if you have 3 phase. The latter is also one of its downsides because it’s cable is very thick and heavy compared to a unit restricted to 7.4kw. The old one also didn’t have RCD protection built in and both the new one and the old one need an earth rod or a earth fault detection device to be installed in the U.K. which can make it more complex.

They can be daisy changed off a single supply and automatically load balance which is handy.

The new one loses the 22kw capability and gains a more appropriate cable but it isn’t and ‘smarter’.

The main advantage of a Tesla charger is that they come with the button to open the charge flap if you have a Tesla but that’s about it.

Either way you aren’t going to get anything installed for £400 should you actually get an electric car. The charger grant will probably go away if adoption keeps accelerating.

Soldato
How come you used a different solicitor for sale and purchase? Does that not cause more headaches?
Mistake on my part, I was forced to use a "panel solicitor" by the lender, I had heard bad things about them so I thought that using a local solicitor for my sale would make that part run more smoothly.
In the end It probably just added another unassay link in the chain and cost more money.

We completed yesterday but didn't get the keys until 14:15 which made it tight for moving in, everyone was absolutely exhausted and aching today. We handed our keys over at 18:30.

We moved from a 3 bed 1 bath, with an office loft to a 5 bed 3 bath 2 big downstairs rooms, plus and office and a utility with a garden roughly 10 times the size of our old one, the space is amazing and we have pretty much immediately felt at home despite the house still being upside down and mostly still packed.

So this is us for hopefully the next 40 or so years :) (rightmove pictures)
5mb3fq6.jpg
QBEQn4H.jpeg

Soldato
Mistake on my part, I was forced to use a "panel solicitor" by the lender, I had heard bad things about them so I thought that using a local solicitor for my sale would make that part run more smoothly.
In the end It probably just added another unassay link in the chain and cost more money.

We completed yesterday but didn't get the keys until 14:15 which made it tight for moving in, everyone was absolutely exhausted and aching today. We handed our keys over at 18:30.

We moved from a 3 bed 1 bath, with an office loft to a 5 bed 3 bath 2 big downstairs rooms, plus and office and a utility with a garden roughly 10 times the size of our old one, the space is amazing and we have pretty much immediately felt at home despite the house still being upside down and mostly still packed.

So this is us for hopefully the next 40 or so years :) (rightmove pictures)
5mb3fq6.jpg
QBEQn4H.jpeg
Nice house :D

Soldato
^
Congrats, looks like a great house. Did they leave you all the plants and planters?
They took the plants in the planters (or got rid)
We have the trellis behind them with loads of flower baskets attached, BUT they wrote us "useful notes" in a book it has a full layout of the garden to explain where every plant is, what it is and how to care for it, there are several different areas with plants in them including a herb garden and there are apparently tomatoes, strawberries and chilli's in here somewhere, an area where a neighbours brambles grow through that we need to look out for. there are pages and pages of instructions. :D

Congrats, massive house for MassiveJim.

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

rather not say on here, but what I will say is there is a house around the corner just gone up for sale for £45k more than what we paid for ours which originally would have been the same as our but with a garden half the size and the drive is just big enough to park 2 cars side by side next to the pavement, they still have their garage integrated though, the original owners of our house had the garage converted and built the stand alone one in the picture.
So as far as I am concerned we got an absolute bargain, I think this house should really have sold for at least £55k more than what we paid.
shame we missed out on stamp duty holiday though as that would have bought us a new bathroom
Yen9okW.jpg

Soldato
They took the plants in the planters (or got rid)
We have the trellis behind them with loads of flower baskets attached, BUT they wrote us "useful notes" in a book it has a full layout of the garden to explain where every plant is, what it is and how to care for it, there are several different areas with plants in them including a herb garden and there are apparently tomatoes, strawberries and chilli's in here somewhere, an area where a neighbours brambles grow through that we need to look out for. there are pages and pages of instructions. :D

That's really nice of them. We're first summer in our new house so left the garden mostly alone to see what comes out. :D

Soldato

I'd be putting complaints in to the estate agents and the body they come under. Estate agents should not be party to gazumping. They know its wrong end of.

Soldato
Gah! I hate trying to make decisions on whether to go for shorter or longer mortgage deals.

We've been offered .99% on a two year fix, which seems a pretty decent option, but the 5 year fix is on 1.25%. With interest rates unable to go down much further and the BOE signaling a likely rise in rates next year, I'm tempted to go with the 5 year fix. That said, our mortgage is not exactly small and the difference in interest across those 5 years isn't insignificant.

Need to make a decision today and honestly not got a clue. We've got ourselves on to Halifax, apparently meaning that we'll always be offered best rates without needing to continually prove income, which is v useful on 2 year deals.

Anyone had to make this decision recently?

Man of Honour
Don't forget to factor in remortgage fees in two years if you go for that deal. That'll be another £999 or whatever lenders are charging for product fees now. Plus the solicitors paperwork that will be required if you switch lender.

Back
Top Bottom