The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
Its all kicking off on AFTV. During their livestream of the NLD on Sunday Claude, clearly ****** off about the score and how the game was going made the stupid comment "DVD is going off" as Son was being subbed. Obviously people heard this and it blew up. Rather than doing what any sensible people would do and make a video where Claude apologises for a stupid racially loaded comment and Robbie says in no way does AFTV condone such language they do the opposite and make a video where they say Claude was making a comment about Spurs making a DVD of the victory :rolleyes: This clearly wasn't the case and it blew up even bigger. Sponsors caught wind of it, started pulled their money out of AFTV and then with the money disappearing Robbie makes a statement where he kind of throws Claude under the bus.

➡️ Full statement regarding a derogatory remark heard on the AFTV livestream on Sunday.AFTV

I'm a Spurs fan, just to get this out there and I like a lot of footy fans love to laugh at AFTV. Out of all the regulars on there I probably have the most time or perhaps sympathy for Claude as he seems a genuine fan who cares about his club and doesn't play up for the camera. What he said was out of order, however considering his mental health issues throwing him off AFTV indefinitely seems a ridiculous thing to do. Send him on some racial awareness course, have him make a genuine apology and move on. Honestly if I was an Arsenal fan I'd despair at AFTV and it being associated with my club.

Edit: Troopz also made a ridiculous comment, when Kane spoke to the ref but wasn't booked for dissent Troopz said "Harry Kane is white so he must be right". Now I'm white and I'm not offended by that in the least. It was a stupid thing to say and clearly the colour of Kane's skin has nothing to do with the ref booking him or not. It has though caused more stink around AFTV.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its all kicking off on AFTV. During their livestream of the NLD on Sunday Claude, clearly ****** off about the score and how the game was going made the stupid comment "DVD is going off" as Son was being subbed. Obviously people heard this and it blew up. Rather than doing what any sensible people would do and make a video where Claude apologises for a stupid racially loaded comment and Robbie says in no way does AFTV condone such language they do the opposite and make a video where they say Claude was making a comment about Spurs making a DVD of the victory :rolleyes: This clearly wasn't the case and it blew up even bigger. Sponsors caught wind of it, started pulled their money out of AFTV and then with the money disappearing Robbie makes a statement where he kind of throws Claude under the bus.

➡️ Full statement regarding a derogatory remark heard on the AFTV livestream on Sunday.AFTV

I'm a Spurs fan, just to get this out there and I like a lot of footy fans love to laugh at AFTV. Out of all the regulars on there I probably have the most time or perhaps sympathy for Claude as he seems a genuine fan who cares about his club and doesn't play up for the camera. What he said was out of order, however considering his mental health issues throwing him off AFTV indefinitely seems a ridiculous thing to do. Send him on some racial awareness course, have him make a genuine apology and move on. Honestly if I was an Arsenal fan I'd despair at AFTV and it being associated with my club.

Edit: Troopz also made a ridiculous comment, when Kane spoke to the ref but wasn't booked for dissent Troopz said "Harry Kane is white so he must be right". Now I'm white and I'm not offended by that in the least. It was a stupid thing to say and clearly the colour of Kane's skin has nothing to do with the ref booking him or not. It has though caused more stink around AFTV.
Me and my mates agree.

Aftv is toxic

Man of Honour
Very rare I watch anything on AFTV (so can't comment from a position of knowledge/strength) but the impression I get is it's got too big for it's boots, it's no longer a few fans having a bit of a rant but is now some sort of entity in its own right.
The fact someone can get 'fired' from such a thing kind of illustrates this, let's be honest in the old days nobody would get fired as there wouldn't be any arrangement to go back on, the video would just get taken down.

Anyway with that fame and glory and yes probably money as well people probably start to get a bit too big for their boots, feeling untouchable and that they can get away with anything, saying the same [inappropriate] things to camera as they might do in the stands.

Soldato
Club have extended Mavropanos contract for another year (till 2024) and he’ll be at Stuttgart next season on loan which I suppose works out well for selling him on there or retaining him in the event he develops into a decent defender.

Soldato
Very rare I watch anything on AFTV (so can't comment from a position of knowledge/strength) but the impression I get is it's got too big for it's boots, it's no longer a few fans having a bit of a rant but is now some sort of entity in its own right.
The fact someone can get 'fired' from such a thing kind of illustrates this, let's be honest in the old days nobody would get fired as there wouldn't be any arrangement to go back on, the video would just get taken down.

Anyway with that fame and glory and yes probably money as well people probably start to get a bit too big for their boots, feeling untouchable and that they can get away with anything, saying the same [inappropriate] things to camera as they might do in the stands.
Right on the money. Also if you have mental health issues or previously had past issues is a live YouTube feed really the place to be ?

Caporegime
Right on the money. Also if you have mental health issues or previously had past issues is a live YouTube feed really the place to be ?
He’s on Twitter too, the most toxic of them all. I’ve seen numerous people on there insult his dead mum and take the Mick out of her, and it’s the death of his mum which caused him to have a total nervous breakdown. Really dangerous place for someone as fragile as him to be on.

Soldato
He’s on Twitter too, the most toxic of them all. I’ve seen numerous people on there insult his dead mum and take the Mick out of her, and it’s the death of his mum which caused him to have a total nervous breakdown. Really dangerous place for someone as fragile as him to be on.
I really want to hate twitter but there is some good stuff on there, I agree though it’s the most toxic of them all.

Don
OP
Him getting kicked off is the best thing that could happen to him. He's a total mess and has been for a good couple of years and yet AFTV keep putting him out on display like some kind of circus act for people to ridicule because it gets them views.

Soldato

I think they are making a lot of money out of it. It must be 'Robbie's' full time job. So for him there is a lot at stake.

I only sometimes watch AFTV for a laugh. See what these melons have to say.

Soldato
Be in next season's home kit for the last game of the season.

Also kit numbers are out and Saliba is 4, so perhaps a sign the club expect him to drop straight into being a main man at the back. Saka gets no. 7 too.

Really hoping there's some decisive expunging in the coming window of those not good enough and those who don't want to put the effort in, then it's going to be a case of relying on the youth and maybe a signing or two if we can cobble some cash together.

Associate
Everything I've read over the past year from the French pundits suggests Saliba is first-team ready. And to be honest, you don't pay the fee we have whilst waiting a year, then drop him in as a backup.

Soldato
I’m not giving up on Pepe just yet. He seems like the type of player that needs an arm round him, and Emery was not that guy. Arteta seems to be massively more into working with the team at an individual and playing the sort of football (eventually) that will suit his game. The first thing we did under the new boss was look to be more solid defensively though, and part of that was a lop-sided attack where a lot of the overlapping runs and numbers would come from the left, with the guy at right back or wing back moving across into midfield to provide defensive numbers when that happened, meaning Pepe was often left isolated or left to make runs alone. Now the team defends as a whole a bit better, and we have Bellerin back, there’s a bit more going on that side of the pitch, and hopefully with a good pre-season, more service and doing what the manager wants from him, he can live up to the price-tag a bit more.

Man of Honour
Raul Sanllehi, head of football has departed the club.

Who knows what's going on with the club anymore, a couple of days ago I saw a few news sources (ESPN, The Sun) reporting that we were investigating the Pepe transfer for overpaying or something along those lines. For our head of football to be sacked a few days later can't be a coincidence.

This is also the guy who's mainly blamed for our increased reliance on dodgy agents.

Soldato
Raul Sanllehi, head of football has departed the club.

Who knows what's going on with the club anymore, a couple of days ago I saw a few news sources (ESPN, The Sun) reporting that we were investigating the Pepe transfer for overpaying or something along those lines. For our head of football to be sacked a few days later can't be a coincidence.

This is also the guy who's mainly blamed for our increased reliance on dodgy agents.

Yes. He's been sacked on those grounds.

Man of Honour
Don't know why it took a year to investigate the Pepe signing; it was clearly a ludicrous amount of money to be spending on him (as discussed here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/summer-transfer-thread-2019.18854102/page-11#post-32918145 ) despite a few on here crowing about what a fantastic piece of business it was.
I don't have a big problem with him as a player but I was annoyed at selling Gnabry (this isn't hindsight, https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/end-of-season-review.18780536/#post-30818883 ) who was a good prospect and paying more than 10x as much for Pepe.

Man of Honour
Arsenal statement to media: said:
"We want to be clear to all media that there has been no investigation by the club into the Nicolas Pepe transfer."

"To suggest there has been an investigation is grossly inaccurate and unfair and we request you remove it from your coverage. We have informed our lawyers and will take further action as necessary."

From Chris Wheatley on twitter (reliable journalist).

Back
Top Bottom