The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Don
OP
Referring to an asian person as a DVD is racist :confused: It wasn't the first time he'd made a remark like that either with other comments being brought up after Robbie & Claude done their bs excuse video.

On the point of Robbie doing what he done to protect profits, absolutely he did but he also initially stood by Claude to protect his profits. When it first happened (and his previous comments) he done nothing about it - Claude was one of the main attractions for AFTV and he didn't give a **** about people saying racially offensive things on his channel as long as he kept getting views. The moment it backfired and he risked losing sponsors he threw him overboard.

Soldato
I would expect anyone who made a racist slur on a single occasion to be kicked off whatever platform they are in nevermind when he has a history with it.

Soldato
But many of us don’t see it as a racist slur. You can’t just go round ruining everyone’s life because of a simple mistake. It’s going way over the top lately.

So because you dont see a blatant racist slur as a racist slur its ok? Its a 20 year old racist slur mate...he knew what he said

Soldato
Again, a warning would have sufficed were too quick to cancel these days. It’s getting beyond ridiculous

No it wouldnt. Its been a well known racist slur against Son for long enough to know he should know better. There's no excuse for it.

Oh and if this is cancel culture then excellent, no issue cancelling the racists.

Soldato
So because you dont see a blatant racist slur as a racist slur its ok? Its a 20 year old racist slur mate...he knew what he said
No it wouldnt. Its been a well known racist slur against Son for long enough to know he should know better. There's no excuse for it.

Oh and if this is cancel culture then excellent, no issue cancelling the racists.
Doesn't make him a racist, just because he wasn't a woke ********* who gets offended by everything, people used to be tolerant, now ironically woke ********** are the least tolerant of people

Don
OP
Nor did I. Just had to look it up. I'm not sure its racist is it? Just a really bad stereotype.
It is a stereotype, a racially offensive stereotype and it wasn't the first time he used a racially offensive stereotype either. The fact that he and AFTV tried to lie about what was actually said to begin with tells you they both knew it was racially offensive too.
Exactly. A quiet word would have done. There was no need for him to be treated the way he was, especially when it’s well known he has mental health problems.
He shouldn't have been used as a figure of ridicule by AFTV to begin with.
Doesn't make him a racist, just because he wasn't a woke ********* who gets offended by everything, people used to be tolerant, now ironically woke ********** are the least tolerant of people
If you continually say racially offensive things you're more likely to be racist than somebody that doesn't.

Don
OP
No it wasn't, typical woke warrior view of "if your views not the same as mine I'll attempt to shut it down" :rolleyes:
I'm sure had he not said something obviously racist (again) and then didn't try to lie about what he said when he was called out about it, he wouldn't have been "shut down".

Caporegime
Gonna be honest I'm uneducated, I thought the 'DVD' thing was to do with selling DVDs to asian fan base as he is one of few big Asian players in the PL. (And that was somehow very offensive)

I'm pretty dumb

Don
OP
Gonna be honest I'm uneducated, I thought the 'DVD' thing was to do with selling DVDs to asian fan base as he is one of few big Asian players in the PL. (And that was somehow very offensive)

I'm pretty dumb
The term refers to Asian people supposedly selling DVD's in East London. Claude commented on Son's substitution by saying "DVD's going off" (or words to that effect) but when it was brought up after the game he and Robbie tried to pretend he was joking about Spurs releasing a DVD to mark the game.

IINM there was a fairly high profile incident when a West Ham (?) fan racially abused Son in the exact same way the other year too.

Soldato
The term refers to Asian people supposedly selling DVD's in East London. Claude commented on Son's substitution by saying "DVD's going off" (or words to that effect) but when it was brought up after the game he and Robbie tried to pretend he was joking about Spurs releasing a DVD to mark the game.

IINM there was a fairly high profile incident when a West Ham (?) fan racially abused Son in the exact same way the other year too.

Millwall fans aswell.

Back
Top Bottom