The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
BAG UPDATE!

I grabbed myself a Crumpler Jackpack 4000 in the end planning to send it back if it didn't fit my requirements as I could find very little concrete information!

For anyone who is interested yes you can close the bag with a full sized flash vertically in it allthough it is a little tight and the bulge of the hot shoe shows from the outside!

Space is good enough for my 5dmkii with Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 attached, 50mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.8 on top of each other one side and a small compact flash like the 270ex the other. If I want to pack a large flash with the camera and lenses I can squease it in lying accross the top of everything.

The bag is great quality and has a nice look to it that even the wife liked so I'm happy for the money.

Associate
Opinions needed, if you guys dont mind :)

I want to purchase a UWA lens for interior photography and other stuff, should I buy the Canon 10-22mm for £417 brand new with warranty or settle for a cheaper used Sigma or Tokina equivalent for about £260?

Soldato

I want to purchase a UWA lens for interior photography and other stuff, should I buy the Canon 10-22mm for £417 brand new with warranty or settle for a cheaper used Sigma or Tokina equivalent for about £260?

If you can afford it the Canon is better I'm no convinced it's double the price better and only you can decide how much you value the improvement.

Associate
New pocket cam, its pretty impressive so far, after 2 years on android. Mainly moved for VSCOCAM, which is great app.

10101422484_050aaf0c45_c.jpg

Associate
It's nice to see what that new colour looks like a bit better.

Yeah, sometimes I think I don't really like it but it depends on the light I think. I've decided now after about a month of everyday use that it is awesome for general use. I can fit all my work stuff and my 5D2+35L in there without really feeling the weight. I've used it on a week long trip to Edinburgh and all day at a wedding as well, its been great so far.

I'm glad I didn't opt to pay more for a less functional bag and get a Billingham.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a small camera bag for a leica m9 with a 35mm leica f2 lens on it? Would also like a space for another battery and one more lens also. Suggestions? My crumpler and lowepro aw 200 are both far too large

ajf

ajf

Soldato

I've not used the Canon but i've i purchased the Sigma equivelant last year and have found it very good. Sharp, punchy colours, but does vignette a bit at the wide end.

Soldato

For interiors I'd also look at the Sigma 8-16mm.

While 2mm wider doesn't sound like a lot it makes a massive difference, particularly for things like interiors shots.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a small camera bag for a leica m9 with a 35mm leica f2 lens on it? Would also like a space for another battery and one more lens also. Suggestions? My crumpler and lowepro aw 200 are both far too large

Has to be a Billingham since you're shooting a Leica now. ;)

Associate
They actually do a bag specifically for Leicas I think. I use a Hadley Pro, fits 2xM bodies, 3x lenses and still has lots of space left for other stuff. The Hadley Small should be good for the minimal kit you've posted up.

Back
Top Bottom