The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Yeah, sometimes I think I don't really like it but it depends on the light I think. I've decided now after about a month of everyday use that it is awesome for general use. I can fit all my work stuff and my 5D2+35L in there without really feeling the weight. I've used it on a week long trip to Edinburgh and all day at a wedding as well, its been great so far.

I'm glad I didn't opt to pay more for a less functional bag and get a Billingham.

I've taken it with me abroad, it just about functions as a carry on bag. I know they have expanded the range now to hold laptops and such so even more so. I can't fit a laptop in a 30, but can get my iPad in. Well I probably could get a 13inch laptop in, but it would cut down on some of the camera space.

I do have a smaller Domke ruggedwear bag which I also like the look of, as it wears and doesn't scream camera bag. I tend to use that for carrying just one lens and the camera.

Associate
I'd almost certainly get a backpack if I was carrying a proper 15" laptop around. I put my macbook air in the retrospective 7's rear pouch. It would easily hold a kindle/ipad as well. For travelling relatively light its great.

Caporegime
All these toys arrived within a week (except nifty fifty)
The camera came today. So did the remote shutter. But i have to wait for damn battery to charge!
The wide lens I picked up early last week

IMG_20131007_180726_837_zpsac732ad3.jpg

Soldato
i been using it to stop my hand moving wobbling the camera when using tripod when you actually press the shutter release

Timed shutter does the same thing for that sort of use mate. Just press the shutter and take your hand off the camera (whilst its on a tripod or flat surface) and it'll take a photo a few seconds later (can be altered in the menu on most cameras). The remote shutter is more useful for having the camera away from where you can physically be, such as across a room etc. I use to use a remote shutter for taking photos of birds from inside my house when I had a DSLR on a tripod in a bush next to a bird feeder. Worked pretty well after I figured out the settings to use lol.

On a side note, my new toy turns up tomorrow :D I'll post a pic or two when I have it.

Associate
The Hnnel is a great piece of kit. We had a picnic the other day, I set the camera up on the tripod with the 10-22 as the sun went down. Eat my sammishes and could fire away remotely hands off when I felt like it (before our picnic was vandalized by 3 hungry horses that is...).

Caporegime
That's another time that touchscreen is nice :) but remote is also convenient.

yes, that would solve it also,

Im quite glad i went for the 60D over the 7D, i have already had to use the swivel on a really low shot

^^genoma..yes it is really neat, need to look at everything it can do, im going out this week to the bridge over the A1M to attempt some trails with it and the 10-22mm, cant wait

next things will be a better tripod, had, rail, macro flash, ND filter

Back
Top Bottom