The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
That sounds like the plane I was on, 1 row of single and 1 row of double. Not exactly wide seats or with much leg room either.

It was on the way out that worried me the most, on the way back i had the SD cards in my pocket with another copy in a HDD in my bag so I know the photos are safe.

I dread to think how will the soft padding of the Thinkthank would do from such a fall or mishandle. The lid side has zero protection at all.

Soldato
No you can't, hence the original idea of having a smaller body for mirrorless has become a misnomer, unless of course you are staying with smaller sensors.

Indeed. It does mean the family can use the camera with kit lens and I can look like I know what I'm doing with the lens that's bigger than the camera!

Caporegime
The APS-C/FF mirrorless camera I have tried all feel very unwieldy with anything like the 18-200mm f/5.6 on it, let alone if it had a bigger or heavier lens. A 24-70mm f/2.8 would be horrible to hold on a Sony A7.

Associate
An unmissable bargain, well that's what I am telling myself :)

NVnvIu.jpg

Soldato
Picked up a XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR (what a mouthful) for go with my XT1, love it. Although it's rather large but I also have a battery grip coming.

Caporegime
I would be interested into why people are buying mirrorless when they have a DSLR? Looking at the above pictures Mirrorless isn't really a size saving, especially as you also need to carry 20+ spare batteries with you for a days shooting :p

That's an 18-105 f/4 lens with internal zoom (has power zoom too), I didn't buy it for size alone, that one's for video.

The 35mm lives on it most of the time, I could get an even smaller pancake lens and it would fit in my jacket pocket.

EAnAu5Ph.jpg

Battery life is no better or no worse than an equivalent compact camera. I have the 70D + 70-300L if I want to machine gun shots all day long.

Back
Top Bottom