The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
Thanks for that, it looks really good. Shows off your fantastic photos superbly

Thanks again. Here's to hoping the world starts getting back to normal by the end of this year. So very restless in wanting to travel again, even nationally would do if I can't go international.

Amazing and inspirational photos. Are your aerial shots all from helicopters, or do you use drones also?

Thank you! I use a Mavic Pro 2 where I'm allowed (so many places you can't fly now and the restrictions are getting tighter every year) and doors-off helicopters and planes where I can. I don't create much video content using a drone.

And

And

Associate
Yes, as it's a photojournalism staple I'd be very surprised if a new 70-200 2.8 didn't come with dual XD linear motors (as the 100-400GM), especially so since AP and Sony inked a deal.

APologies got confused with the Sigma 70-200 coming out. My point still stands though, the Sony 70-200 really needs an update with the linear motors

Soldato
Soldato
So to go with the 70-200 F2.8 i have just ordered, i decided i would treat myself to a nice ND filter and opted for a polar pro 2-5 stop.

It arrived today and unfortunately looks like it has either been handled by someone who doesn't care about his job in the factory or has been used.

the box is riddled with dirty oily fingerprints, and so is the filter :( it has got a big fat oily finger print right in the middle of the glass.

I have contacted amazon regarding this and told them i want it replacing because im convinced by the condition that it's been used and when it comes to a £250 piece of glass i expect it to arrive at least clean.

Do you guys thing i should have just tried to clean it or am i being reasonable?

xBRZbBEh.jpg

Associate
Stunning Photos. All of them. So beautifully shot and they capture the moments perfectly.

Very talented.

Thank you very much! It feels like forever since I've shot anything now though...

So to go with the 70-200 F2.8 i have just ordered, i decided i would treat myself to a nice ND filter and opted for a polar pro 2-5 stop.

It arrived today and unfortunately looks like it has either been handled by someone who doesn't care about his job in the factory or has been used.

the box is riddled with dirty oily fingerprints, and so is the filter :( it has got a big fat oily finger print right in the middle of the glass.

I have contacted amazon regarding this and told them i want it replacing because im convinced by the condition that it's been used and when it comes to a £250 piece of glass i expect it to arrive at least clean.

Do you guys thing i should have just tried to clean it or am i being reasonable?

xBRZbBEh.jpg

Yup send it back ASAP, no questions asked.

And

And

Associate
The irony being that if you buy their landscape kit they advertise the holder as 'fingerprint-free filter install' :D

hux

hux

Soldato
New body arrived
Pg09fb

P-20210423-213845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom