The New Pearl Jam Album

Associate
Right guys i know there are a few closet Jamers here and im shocked at the lack of opinions a day after the album was released.

Personally, im extremely impressed with the album, a stonking return to form from the lads, so many good tracks on one album. Magic

Associate
OP
lemonkettaz said:
aint got my copy yet... but i cant wait :p

You will not be dissapointed mate, the first 3 tracks really get the album off to an uber start. You havent recieved it yet? I picked my copy up at sainsburys yesterday for £9.97 bargin. I was a little shocked the though, the PJ website listed it for release on the 2nd, although you could buy it everywhere in the uk on the 1st, they must have wanted to jump on the back of the bank holiday weekend shopping spree's.

Soldato
DanSolo said:
You will not be dissapointed mate, the first 3 tracks really get the album off to an uber start. You havent recieved it yet? I picked my copy up at sainsburys yesterday for £9.97 bargin. I was a little shocked the though, the PJ website listed it for release on the 2nd, although you could buy it everywhere in the uk on the 1st, they must have wanted to jump on the back of the bank holiday weekend shopping spree's.
It's because the US release their albums on a Tuesday while the UK release them on a Monday. We always get our releases a day ahead of the US if its on a major label.

Associate
OP
Woody__ said:
It's because the US release their albums on a Tuesday while the UK release them on a Monday. We always get our releases a day ahead of the US if its on a major label.

jahaaa thanks for clarifying.

Soldato
I think it's a real let down tbh :( The only tracks I like a bit are 'Severed Hand', 'Unemployable' and 'Life Wasted'.

I really loved a lot of the tracks from 'Riot Act' ('Save You', 'Love Boat Captain', 'You Are', 'Get Right', 'Bushleaguer', 'Thumbing My Way') but the majority of the tracks on this album do nothing for me. I'm really disappointed :(

Associate
OP
lemonkettaz said:
intrigued to see them at leeds this year...

For Sure.

Ive booked a reading sunday ticket to see them in action, im also off to paris to see them in september :)

If your looking for a bunch of nuttters on stage, pearl jam arent the people to watch, however the are technically excellent live.

Icebus, give it time mate, most pearl jam albums have left me shell shocked for a week before i get into them, although the latest release was the complete opposite, loved it from the start.

Soldato
Didn't know they had a new album due, I've been rather unimpressed with them for quite some time. I may check this out as I'm after some new music to listen to.

Associate
Good album! nice to hear them returning a little to their roots. Probibly going in as my 2nd/3rd fav album they have done. Would say it's on par with Yield (which I also loved)

Associate
OP
I cant understand people saying it is not as good as X album. Their music has evolved over the lsat 10 years, and the latest album is the closest they have got to their old sound in years.

IMO its better than yield, vitalogy, no code and riot act.

Soldato
DanSolo said:
I cant understand people saying it is not as good as X album. Their music has evolved over the lsat 10 years, and the latest album is the closest they have got to their old sound in years.

IMO its better than yield, vitalogy, no code and riot act.

Even though the sound has evolved it has always been a progression forwards. A lot of 'Avocado' sounds like rehashed songs from the Vs/Vitalogy era.

Soldato
Haven't listened to it that much as well i've been listening to 10,000 days.

Was impressed at first as it did sound like a return to the form that saw them release ten and vs, which are IMO the two best Pearl Jam albums by a distance, but then it seemed to deteriorate into the style of Binural, etc, etc which i like but can only listen to when in a very distinct mood for it. So i think it will be consigned like most of my Pj albums to only be listened to rarely, while still sticking with Ten, Vs and Riot act for general listening.

Back
Top Bottom