The night before.....

Soldato
I always left work to the last possible minute :D On my A level ICT coursework I was doing about 6 months work in 1 night. I got 12/120 for it :o:o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Not anymore. Tried it during college and it never paid off. At Uni I figure it'd just be silly to even try.

Soldato
Did it all the time at uni. Had two five week programming assignments each term and we'd all leave it until the last few days and then spend two or three nights on the trot in the computer centre with occassional trips to the all-night burger place 100 yards up the road :)

Bear in mind that this was back in the days before everyone had their own PC and all the work had to be batch compiled and executed on a terminal into a central VAX machine. Honestly, overnight was the best time to get stuff done as it compiled in a fraction of the time it did during the day.

Man of Honour
I usually end up doing at least some of my courseworks the night before, pretty much all tutorials are done the day before. Although I think I am slowly getting better about doing them before the due date I still find that a bit of added pressure concentrates my mind and achieves better results. Maybe I should just convince myself that it is due in the next day even though I've got three weeks to do it.

Soldato
Never ever pulled an all nighter. Never had to. Some are good at coping under pressure and prefer doing it just before the deadline. That doesnt work for me. I'd rather start it early and if problems arise atleast I'll have the opportunity to work them out or discuss them with someone. Plus the quality of work will be much better rather than being rushed at the end.

Time Management.

Soldato
from what I can tell, from my experiance and from what my EX has done, the BEST Work (getting the best mark) is still being worked on about 3 hours before it needs to be handed in (normaly 9am that day

Soldato
MarkyMark said:
Pretty much the same :D Throughout my 3 years at uni I vowed after each assignment not to leave it till the last minute again. Never actually got round to doing that though :p Even my dissertation was only at 1000 words by easter (April time) and the deadline was in May. Still managed to get a 1st overall though :D I found the added pressure helped me focus on the task at hand lol.

Ditto, I'd always meet deadlines, but everytime would work up to the absolute last minute. So many broken promises to myself :D

Soldato
Always did homework the night before at school. Now at uni I usually get my programming assignments done with plenty of time but that's probably because I sort of enjoy doing them :o

I'm sure that will have changed by the end of the year :D

Soldato
I used to in school and my first year doing A levels. But after failing my first year i stopped doing it when i moved to a new college. Im still working like a madman the day before its due in, but generally its just tidying my work up and checking grammar/spelling.

Ive racked up a 22 page document in 3 days so i work a lot faster than i used to now as well so im more willing to sit down and get work out of the ay as i get it. At sixth form it took me 2 months to produce a 50 page ducument :eek:

Suspended
I remember in High School having a minimum word count of 1000 words for GCSE english felt like a real labour... I'd usually just about make the minimum :(

Whereas my dissertation was something I was interested in and managed to do 120 pages :)

Soldato
With homeworks it is usually a last minute thing but for assignments I make a start on them as soon as I receive them.

To be honest it buggs me to see people putting in a fraction of the work I do and they still come out on top. This simply doesn't work for me. In college it annoys me even more because it is people like me who get held back due to other people not having work done on time. I could have completed my A levels in ICT and Business within a year it if wasn't for such people due to the amount of time i've wasted sitting around waiting.

Hitman
Permabanned
I always did. In fact, with some afternoon exams revision was the morning before. Definately not the best of tactics :p.

Soldato
I'm doing some last minutey stuff - A 20 page search engine documentation thing for my applied easy peasy ict course, i've done 16 pages so far so not much to do (had only done 8 before saturday) so yeh. In 3 design briefs for my ICT I did quite a bit of it the weekend before the hand in date and I've got (94%, 94% and 95%) for them :D.

I really need to start working properly though.

Soldato
Jimmeh said:
It seemed to work for me, I got a 1st and my dissertation has since been publicised.

lol congrats mate :) And ditto :D Its on the Universities electronic libraries now for eternal reference :D And my poster that I had to present was also kept to put on display :D lol

As you said though............it doesnt work for everyone............and i've now changed my attitude towards this type of thing hugely. I always try to keep on top of things now as it reduces the worry of getting things done. And when you're not worrying the average joe can concentrate more :)

Back
Top Bottom