The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Associate
anyone managed to get the latest firmware update from nokia? it says my phone should be able to get version 31.0.008, but im stuck with 21.0.025, tried using the phone itself to download the update, and also nokias software updater. Anyone know any other methods?

Associate
anyone managed to get the latest firmware update from nokia? it says my phone should be able to get version 31.0.008, but im stuck with 21.0.025, tried using the phone itself to download the update, and also nokias software updater. Anyone know any other methods?

You're stuck until your network provider authorises the update unless you want to start messing around with the product code of your phone.

Man of Honour
can you use mp3s as ringtones with this fone
also can you use wifi for the internet?

Yes and yes are the answers to your questions.

The mp3 player is unsurprisingly pretty good and you can use the mp3s for ringtones also, I've not tried for message tones however.

The WiFi seems to work pretty well, I've used it a fair few times now and connection is fairly quick.

Associate
I'm looking for a car cradle for my 5800. I want to use sat nav on it in my car. I've tested it out , it's not as good as tomtom but is still very good. I need a good cradle tho, one that holds the phone firm. I don't want to be screwing screws into my dash.

Was looking at the NOKIA CR-103 HOLDER CRADLE for £30 but it seems a bit pricey.

Any suggestions?

Associate
Does anyone find that after a few days the clock on it starts getting slow? After about a week mine will go from the right time to about 5 mins slow :confused:

Man of Honour
Does anyone find that after a few days the clock on it starts getting slow? After about a week mine will go from the right time to about 5 mins slow :confused:

Nope, mine seems to still be fine and I don't think I've switched it off since I got it, certainly not in the past two weeks at least. My desk phone is now about 3 minutes fast for no apparant reason but the 5800 is still working as it should. Have you checked in case it is a known problem for a specific firmware or something?

Soldato

Mine does that! It is something to do with the automatic time update.
I did it manually and it works perfectly now.

Man of Honour
Bit of a weird question here but does anyone know of a way to make the sent items mailbox larger than the standard limit of 20? It's a minor thing but it's a slight irritation anyway, I prefer being able to look back and check my replies from time to time. If it is a 'feature' of Nokia phones (as I suspect it is) does anyone know why?

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely get a screen protector, having seen how much the protectors on mine have got scratched I dread to think of that happening to the screen.
I just got the cheapest ones off ebay, I think they were 5 for a few quid.

Associate
Bit of a weird question here but does anyone know of a way to make the sent items mailbox larger than the standard limit of 20? It's a minor thing but it's a slight irritation anyway, I prefer being able to look back and check my replies from time to time. If it is a 'feature' of Nokia phones (as I suspect it is) does anyone know why?

go into messaging then options, settings, other..second line down just input how many you want. can change storage options in there too.

Back
Top Bottom