1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Sneaky Peaky, 22 Jan 2009.

1. DIABLO

Soldato

Unbranded my phone and updated to v31 software easy peesy.

2. knip

Capodecina

I know that, and I do select one (cant remember what they all are off the top of my head but one of them is data transfer)

3. swanseajack

Wise Guy

Ok, was just a thought.

4. knip

Capodecina

No worries, I honestly have tried everything. O2 blame Nokia, Nokia blame O2 and I just go round in circles getting nowhere. :)

5. swanseajack

Wise Guy

Ok, lets try one more thing. Plug the phone into the usb with your computer, and choose mass storage. Now double click on my computer in the start menu and it should show you any drives you have, do you see your phone or memory card listed?

If not then go back to the start menu, right click on my computer and choose properties, in the new box that pops up click the hardware tab, then device manager. In the list do you see anything with a yellow question mark or a red line through it?

If you do then right click that item and choose update driver and follow instructions on screen. If not then right click on the name of your computer at the top of the list and choose scan for hardware changes, that will make the computer to look for anything that's plugged in.

6. knip

Capodecina

When I do the first option I get the E drive pop up, but it doesnt say my phone, just says removable disc.

When I do the second option there is nothing with a line or a question mark, and then when I get it to search it doesnt come up with anything new.

7. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

I'm using the free version of this at the moment

8. roboffer

Sgarrista

Just lost my stylus, it was getting looser by the day and think I lost it at the match yesterday. Now can I get away with a replacement stylus or should I get a new back and stlyus? Not sure if the problem was the stylus or the back if you see what I mean.

9. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

Do you use the stylus all that much? I lost mine a couple of weeks back and it hasn't made any difference to how I use the phone, it is still sensitive enough that fingertip pointing works for me.

10. roboffer

Sgarrista

Not at all really just for the sake of a few quid I would prefer to replace it. I have Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on it and thats the only thing I use it for as some of the buttons are tiny. Shocking game design really.

11. Richdog

Caporegime

It can be a nightmare without the stylus... some things are much easier and quicker with it, like texting.

The screen on this phone is absolute crap compared to my mates Hero, I will never buy resistive again.

12. swanseajack

Wise Guy

Hmmm thats odd, what do you see if you double click on the E drive, how big is it?

13. swanseajack

Wise Guy

Cheers dude, will check it out ;)

14. doublehelix2

Gangster

Is it possible to change how sensitive the screen is in any of the options?

15. shauncr91

Capodecina

Anyone else occasionaly not able to hear people when accepting a call? Both me and my dad (Same phone) getting same issue :/

16. Deep

Soldato

Right I purchased this phone and its got Vodaphone branding, its unlocked as I am using my o2 sim card.

Would it be a good idea to debrand the phone and then get the fireware direct from Nokia? Or just leave it as it is? Which its fine and works pretty much flawlessly.

17. spikey57

Gangster

The only issue I've had with my phone recently is if I'm listening to music. What will happen is the music will fade out, my ring tone will kick in. I'll answer the call and then the music that I was listening to starts up again. The person of the end of the phone gets an earful of my music, and can't hear me and I can barely hear them.

I am running the latest firmware, but it was doing this before the update as well. Unbranded, unlocked and on o2...not that the latter makes any difference.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before?

18. DIABLO

Soldato

The newest firmware makes the menus quite a bit faster so i would say go for it.

19. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

Hi all
    Ive just bought this phone, cant wait to go and pick it up!

20. LORD APOCALYPSE

Gangster

Just got this little beauty yesterday, debranded and firmware updated to v31, easy stuff. :D

However i'm wondering, is there anyway to install a language pack so that it would be able to display, say japanese characters?