The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Soldato
When im on the internet mine does sometimes completely crash yeah, as in it goes back to the main screen with the time and that on it.

Does it about once a week, and its usually if i'm somewhere busy like at the football when there are lots of other phones around, but it sometimes does it just anywhere.

Soldato
i'm pretty much sick of this phone now. The painfully slow interface, inability to update firmware, and fact my internet browser has crashed 7 times today, makes me wonder why i even bother. Any possibility that 3 will refund the phone for a differen one on the same tarriff?

Associate
I can't see them doing that...having had problems with 3 in the past it took 6 repairs with the same problem, and the fact they refused to admit that the hand set at the time was not compatible, or was below par, forced me to move to O2.

Mine is unlocked and unbranded as I got it from phones for you. I've updated mine 3 times, but it did take a while for the updates to appear. I'm currently on firmware version V31. My other half got the same phone but directly from O2 and is still on firmware version V21 and it refuses to find updates.

We are both on the same network, but for some reason hers just refuses to find them. I know that I could debrand it and all that but it seems like hassle seeing as I'm also on O2 and I would have thought that the settings on the phone, as we are using the same network would prevent me from updating it as well.

I know that unlocked phones are slightly different in that aspect, but she should surely be able to update hers.

Associate
Recieved an SMS from Nokia last night saying that there is newer software for the phone out now. Haven't had a chance to update it yet :).

Associate
I've been trying to update my 5800XM for ages. If I try to do it OTA is just stops searching for no particular reason (although I've noticed it has no server profiles?) and Nokia Software Updater refuses to recognise it. Sigh.

Soldato
I've been trying to update my 5800XM for ages. If I try to do it OTA is just stops searching for no particular reason (although I've noticed it has no server profiles?) and Nokia Software Updater refuses to recognise it. Sigh.

I had this for 8 months with my 5800, the only thing that did it was getting a new laptop (I was getting one anyway) installing the software updater on that and then it downloaded it. Goodness knows why it wouldnt on my last computer but I had the same issue with it not recognising the phone as well.
You could try taking it to a nokia repair centre and seeing if they will do it there on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom