The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Man of Honour
I'd probably get her to sell it and get a more conventional phone. The resistive touch screen is pretty frustrating at times on the 5800 (making texting terrible), and battery life isn't great.

If she just wants to send a few texts and make calls, get her something like a Nokia 6300.

really? I find txtin on the phone fine just as quick and easy as I can use a buttoned phone and the battery lasts for days

Soldato
Okay, it's the 5530 I have. I have 16GB of music, when I scroll through my songs it's too sensitive and really hard finding a song I want. I have a walkman and you can just pick like letters and it's quicker/easier to find.

Wondering, any good alternative players to replace the main one or .... ?

Caporegime
Quick question. I am trying to get my mum using her first app. When you send apps from Ovi store OTA, does it automatically request installation? Or do you have to do something (syncing) first on the phone? I don't have access to her phone right now so have to give help via email.

Soldato
well download a new music player, email program or text program, i owned a 5800 before a Galaxy S and the 5800 is not even in the same league as the Galaxy S.

Soldato
well download a new music player, email program or text program, i owned a 5800 before a Galaxy S and the 5800 is not even in the same league as the Galaxy S.

Snap. I've had both handsets and actually the 5800 put me off touchscreen mobiles for a while...now got the sgs and loving it.

Soldato

sure the sgs is a much better phone. However, "nokia messaging" is superior to any mail programme on android. The basic audio hardware on the nokia is better... Amp is powerful and distortion free eq. No software can solve this.

Back
Top Bottom