The Nokia N80

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
i went into a voda shop today to check out the N80/N91

the N91 is a BRICK

N80 didnt feel too comfertable, the screen seemed smaller then my N70 :confused: and felt thicker then N70, and seemed a bit too square

defo prefer the feel of my N70 to it :)

Soldato
***_captain said:
The guy said as my account with them is pretty good I can get the phone for free, and people on the lower band have to pay around £150 :eek:
Getting new high-end handsets like this for "free" is a complete fallacy.

They may be offering you an upgrade without charging you for the handset but what you have to consider is that, if you were prepared to keep your existing handset or get a far cheaper model then you'd be able to avail yourself of a good cashback deal instead.

If, for example, you were looking at a £30pcm contract with a "free" N80 versus a good cashback deal with a cheaper handset then the N80 is effectively costing you the value of the cashback offer, which could be £200-£300!

If you want a new model like the N80 then fair enough but don't kid yourself into believing it's free.

Associate
A2Z said:
i went into a voda shop today to check out the N80/N91

the N91 is a BRICK

N80 didnt feel too comfertable, the screen seemed smaller then my N70 :confused: and felt thicker then N70, and seemed a bit too square

defo prefer the feel of my N70 to it :)

I got the N80 from Voda on sunday, today it's already boxed and ready to give back.

It feels plastic and cheap, not to mention the 2 error messages i had in the first hour of use, also the memory card slot cover snapped off.

Very dissapointing, it's going back and the E60 will be it's replacement, apart from a camera it's identical and has les parts to go wrong.

amx

amx

Associate
youstolemyid said:
Very dissapointing, it's going back and the E60 will be it's replacement, apart from a camera it's identical and has les parts to go wrong.

Do you know if the E60 supports A2DP (i think that's what it's called) so that you can use stereo bluetooth headphones for music playback.

I'm so used to having an intergrated MP3 player, i'd be lost without it now.

Soldato
received mine today from cpw on o2, seems to be unbranded which is good. I'll reserve passing judgement for a couple of days but i'll give my inital thoughts:

slide could do with sliding down just a little bit further to make the 1,2 and 3 keys a bit easier to get at (may just be i've got big hands)

i prefer the SE method of having space as the # key on the bottom right as opposed to the 0 key

miss the jog wheel of my p910i for searching through the predictive text suggestions and scrolling

not having the cancel button on the keypad is a bit of a pain for texting one handed as its a bit of a stretch.

a seperate button for the centre of the dpad would be good

much easier to get it hooked up to the pc using the pc suite compared to my experiences with SE software

too many keys on the bit underneath the screen. I'd rather have just the two shoulder buttons, the answer and end call buttons, and the d pad. Move the 'pencil' and cancel onto the keypad(as they seem mainly for texting and dialling), and move the menu and multimedia onto the side, or drop the menu button and make it the right shoulder(on the default screen view) rather than the gallery option, which i see as a gimmick than actually useful.

speed seems good so far, not spectacular but similar to my p910i, the test will come when its has hundreds of messages/emails etc and whether it slows down.

i'll see how it goes over the next few days, before i decide whether to keep it or return it.

Soldato
it would seem that the n80 doesn't fully support 2gig miniSD's ... at least it doesn't really like the one i bought ... looks as though i shall have to buy a 1gig one and wait and see if there will be a firmware update that allows 2gig card compatability :( :o

Permabanned
Just got my new black N80 delivered today on a vodafone contract. Turns out that the phone is also sim free!!!
So no crappy vodafone software to. Just stuck my old orange sim in, copied my contacts and put the vodafone sim, worked like a charm!

REALLY pleased! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Only thing, has anyone worked out how you change the ringtone on this phone? Been looking around all the menus and I cant find anything?
Any help would be most appreciated!

:)

Back
Top Bottom