The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
62cerx.jpg

Tried making some poached eggs. They didn't come out too bad, I think, though the yolk had started to go firm so it was only partly runny. That was after only 3 minutes in a simmering boil. So hard to time it right. I put the eggs into ramakins and dipped them into the water to let the egg seal slightly, then dumped them in. Still ended up with loads of scum floating on top, but it helped retain the shape better than previous efforts.

Stuck them on some toasted sourdough with some of Tesco's premade smashed avocado, which is actually quite nice, and a splash of Tabasco mild green pepper sauce for added flavour. Not a fantastic result overall, but I enjoyed it.

Soldato
comfort food - steamed suet chocolate pudding (suet/breadcrumbs/flour/cocoa/sugar/egg/milk) 2.5 hours steam in saucepan.
+dollop cream

50702956888_8a8f9a6f5d_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I love Mr Kipling cakes around this time of year. The festive bakewell tarts are amazing. As are the trifle bakewell tarts. And the irish kreme fancies. And the frosty fancies :D

Soldato
comfort food - steamed suet chocolate pudding (suet/breadcrumbs/flour/cocoa/sugar/egg/milk) 2.5 hours steam in saucepan.
+dollop cream

50702956888_8a8f9a6f5d_o_d.jpg

Nicely done jpaul, I could eat all of that. Your photos don't do your food justice though.

Currently having a box of 6 Mr kipling viennese whirls mmmmmmm

The missus keeps staring at me, I'm not sharing :p

Don't blame you, they're some of my favourite things to eat. I don't get Mr Kipling though, supermarket own are really good.

Back
Top Bottom