The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Thai red noodle/fish curry.

1618152988260.png

Soldato
Ah, posted on phone, should have resized, argh

But yeah, made a genoise sponge, which took 3 times to get right. Cut into 4 layers, soaked first with lemon syrup, then a caramel, then lemon sauce. Top layer and sides were the meringue.

Soldato
Currently wolfing down some fresh brown bread i made while its still just slightly warm with butter on top.... simple things lol. Personally think its the best looking loaf ive made so far.

w6hCir0.png

Last edited:
Soldato
My breakfast today, at 1PM :D

Chicken salad sandwich w/ grilled chicken thigh, harissa aioli, cucumber, red onion, mixed salad and sweet pickled fennel on toasted ciabatta.

1620387842670.png

IMG-20210507-124105.png

Associate
I've just had a weeklong binge on takeaway after craving for restaurant curries again. The place I order from offers free delivery on an £18 spend, but at £8.30 each, two curries come up to £16.60.

So this time I tried adding a 'green salad' for £1.80 instead of the usual extra naan bread, as the delivery charge without that would have been £3, and this was seriously disappointing:

iqThrJq.jpg

Not even any onion and mint dressing, just cucumber and shredded lettuce :(

The curry was decent though, and a second one left for tomorrow.

Soldato
It's green and technically a salad.

I just ordered a small chicken shish and asked for lots of pickled chillies. They gave me about 3x the normal amount but they were all tiny, so I probably got less by weight. Bravo kebab place.

Soldato
I've just had a weeklong binge on takeaway after craving for restaurant curries again. The place I order from offers free delivery on an £18 spend, but at £8.30 each, two curries come up to £16.60.

So this time I tried adding a 'green salad' for £1.80 instead of the usual extra naan bread, as the delivery charge without that would have been £3, and this was seriously disappointing:

Not even any onion and mint dressing, just cucumber and shredded lettuce :(

The curry was decent though, and a second one left for tomorrow.

I hope that you have learned your lesson and never choose a salad over a Naan. :p

Back
Top Bottom