• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
368.39 was the best driver i've ever used with my 980Ti's.

I had no issues what so ever.

I'm going to give these a try now. I was on 365.19 with no issues but like an idiot thought I'd try the latest 372.54 ones - AVOID - on my 980Ti SLI rig with x34 Gsync doesn't work at all in a few games, including the Division.

Man of Honour
I'm going to give these a try now. I was on 365.19 with no issues but like an idiot thought I'd try the latest 372.54 ones - AVOID - on my 980Ti SLI rig with x34 Gsync doesn't work at all in a few games, including the Division.

They seem to be screwing up G-Sync quite a bit lately (which can be quite hard to catch) :( I think some of the corruption/flickering issues on the desktop are due to G-Sync window mode and I've seen BF4 occasionally dropping out of G-Sync (but mostly working) at times along with V-Sync multipliers sometimes kicking in which kind of defeats the purpose of G-Sync.

Soldato
They seem to be screwing up G-Sync quite a bit lately (which can be quite hard to catch) :( I think some of the corruption/flickering issues on the desktop are due to G-Sync window mode and I've seen BF4 occasionally dropping out of G-Sync (but mostly working) at times along with V-Sync multipliers sometimes kicking in which kind of defeats the purpose of G-Sync.

I have no idea how drivers work, really. I don't really care and I'm not a geek. But I like to think if my job was writing drivers, I'd make sure fundamental things that should work (like Gsync!), that worked fine previously, still worked in new releases. Do these people not do any testing?

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Currently running a temporary 750TI, can any of you recommend a good driver. I've been updating as they become available but quality has been a bit hit and miss, so thought I'd see if there is any consensus!

Soldato
I am using last years driver for my 780ti, better than all the recent drivers, i reckon there supporting new cards mainly now, no point in updating to latest drivers i reckon, i have like 60 main games i play installed, inc a lot of the new games, and all run perfect.

Associate
I am using last years driver for my 780ti, better than all the recent drivers, i reckon there supporting new cards mainly now, no point in updating to latest drivers i reckon, i have like 60 main games i play installed, inc a lot of the new games, and all run perfect.

Yes you need to watch out for which driver to use with older cards support has been crap from Nvidia since the being of the year.

Man of Honour

358.59 was by far the best on my 780 - could run ~1300MHz all day long stable - with some of the more recent drivers it would do the driver recovery thing randomly at anything over stock 780 clocks (not even the factory clocks).

Associate
tinfoil hat time but i'm getting the distinct feeling nvidia are gimping maxwell performance in this new driver to push people thinking about upgrading to pascal off the fence.

there is literally no reason my fps in in 2015 games should be 30-40% slower than they were last year.

is this what happens when there's no decent competition for high end cards?

Don
tinfoil hat time but i'm getting the distinct feeling nvidia are gimping maxwell performance in this new driver to push people thinking about upgrading to pascal off the fence.

there is literally no reason my fps in in 2015 games should be 30-40% slower than they were last year.

What games are you seeing such drops in, Something sounds wrong.

Soldato

Can you go back to the driver you saw a 30-40% boost in frames with an report back ?

Soldato

I'm running 347.38 on my 780 Ti for the same reason as the below quote.

358.59 was by far the best on my 780 - could run ~1300MHz all day long stable - with some of the more recent drivers it would do the driver recovery thing randomly at anything over stock 780 clocks (not even the factory clocks).

Same here. Pretty disappointing to say the least from Nvidia. If AMD can come up with a decent competitor I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.

Associate
Can you go back to the driver you saw a 30-40% boost in frames with an report back ?

mentioned it a few pages back, i'm running 368.81 again and performance is solid. latest has problems with every game I tried, and timespy just blackscreens!

i'm not the only one to mention 980ti issues with the latest drivers, it's not nonsense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom