**The OcUK Kent bash 12th March 2005 - Get the details and put your names in here**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCM

SCM

Associate
At the moment my diet is out the window but if im back on it again by the time of the meet i can only really do nandos on the diet. If im not on diet then old orleans or frankie and benny's sound good to me :D

SCM

Soldato
Originally posted by Orifice
Hmmm, i feel a mass cull coming on.
Bbbbut it's our meet thread :(

OK, as for the food, I really don't do curries I'm afraid although I can sit there quietly and shove some bread stuff and rice in my gob. Pretty much anything else go's. Chinese, Italian, Mexican, pizza, blah, blah, blah.

Soldato
Originally posted by Piggymon
I'm not fussed on Steak but I'm sure they would have meals like lamb etc so that would be fine for me :)

I suppose the trouble is for those of us staying on the Friday we'll be having a pub dinner then.. which is nearly the same thing as a steak house if you aint eating steak :)

Any suggestions MB? Would be easier to decide based on what you know is close enough,

Soldato
OP
Right

Chinese
Hons Palace - very big, big tables so we can all sit together and a cut above the usual chinese place, not too expensive and will be a nice long meal that we can chat over
Flame - Cheap chinese buffet fare

Mexican/ American
Mexxa Mexxa - fahitas, burgers, massive desserts, great place for a night out but does get a bit packed and a bit smokey
Frankie and Benny's - Pizza, bugers, things fried in fat, nice and medium price bracket
Old Orleans - Come on, everyone has been to one of these, cocktails, burgers, steaks, the usual

Pizza
Pizza Hut - Generic greasy crust pizza with plastic seats and bad service
Pizza Express - The antithasis of Pizza Hut, lovey pizza in a nice atmosphere, cute waitresses (usually)

Indian
The Shamrat - Much better than the name suggests :) A really nice Indian with Cobra and Kingfisher on tap
Various other indian establishments

Thai
Nari's? - Very nice Thai food and a thai waitress who calls everyone 'darling'

Chicken
KFC - Nuff said?
Nandos - I love Nandos, a variety of chicken in based product, with marinade from mild to V. hot.

Pub Grub
Weatherspoons (The Muggletons and the Society Rooms) - I've had food at these which varies from excellent to excrement usual pub fare really
White Rabbit - Generic pub menu served in better surounding and a more consistant manner than either Weatherspoons

I'm sure there are more, some out of our price range some not SCM will chip in I am sure

MB

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Matblack
Shall we do something constructive like decide what food we are going to have on the night?

MB

I want some of that CAKE please, if the sheep hasn't scoffed it all.

Failing that, Pubgrub, KFC or Pizza Express. Not a big fan of foreign cuisine apart from Italian tbh, but I can usually find something safe and boring like fried chicken, beanshoots and prawn crackers on a Chinese menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom