The OcUK Swansea Christmas bash 2004 - Get the details and put your names in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
superb :p

nah i'll probably be there :D i'll make the effort to talk to some of you this time.

just gotta see what money is like nearer the time, shouldnt be a problem though :)

Soldato
I'm definately up for this. Time and circumstances have meant I've missed them each year.. I'm definately coming to this one, come hell or high water. Whats the plan for accomodation?

Originally posted by Jake 2.0
so how do i get to "God's country"??

Last I heard it involved praying and dying...

Soldato
Originally posted by Garp
I'm definately up for this. Time and circumstances have meant I've missed them each year.. I'm definately coming to this one, come hell or high water. Whats the plan for accomodation?

Last I heard it involved praying and dying...

Checked Autoroute, the nearest chain hotel is the marriot and rooms can be had on line for £80ish.

MB

Soldato
Originally posted by James_N
im gonna opt for the dolphin because its cheap, and im poor :D
After read this http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...lphin_Hotel-Swansea_Southern_Wales_Wales.html I quite fancy staying there for the comedy value :)

I wonder if the Swansea: Dolphin Hotel: "Mickey Mouse operation" post is refering to the Irish dancers in the Swansea: Dolphin Hotel: "xcellent" post.

The statements about the 30 drunk irish men, beds that smell of urine and rooms that smell of fish are particularly funny :)

MB

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Dolphin's quite a nice hotel really ;) Central in town and cheap which is always good :D

Friend stayed there recently and it's not bad for the price, view's ok and he said it was comfy. They let you in late at night too with nps which can be handy ;)
Also they don't mind if you walk through their foyer with 3 tesco bags and a pizza box :D

Soldato
Whats the post pub entertainment been like in the past? Do you go on to a club or have a house party?

If I come and theres no post pub excrsion I'd hope to meet up a bit earlier in the day as 9 hours drive for 4 hours entertainment seems a bit masocistic!

MB

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Zero5
INCORRECT. I refer you to HERE

I did, in fact, point out the rules of Shotgun! when the call was made, however, due to extenuating circumstances (and previous experience with another board member) Shotgun! has been granted at an earlier point than generally allowed.

Soldato
Originally posted by Matblack
After read this http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...lphin_Hotel-Swansea_Southern_Wales_Wales.html I quite fancy staying there for the comedy value :)

I wonder if the Swansea: Dolphin Hotel: "Mickey Mouse operation" post is refering to the Irish dancers in the Swansea: Dolphin Hotel: "xcellent" post.

The statements about the 30 drunk irish men, beds that smell of urine and rooms that smell of fish are particularly funny :)

MB

it is quite fun, last year at swansea, i stayed in the dolphin, and just as i was thinking "i feel ill" there was a load of drunk guys come in and they started smashing up the room next door to us, so i didnt get much sleep anyway :D

Soldato
Originally posted by Matblack
Whats the post pub entertainment been like in the past? Do you go on to a club or have a house party?

If I come and theres no post pub excrsion I'd hope to meet up a bit earlier in the day as 9 hours drive for 4 hours entertainment seems a bit masocistic!

MB

yeah i was thinking this, id like to meet up with a few of you during the day, least then id get to know some of you before the night do :)

Soldato
Right if I can get permission from the wife I am going to book this later today. I'm with James it would be really good to establish a location and activity for the afternoon (probably best to aviod excessive drinking till later!) so those who don't know any one can at least make some friends, much as I like walking in to a pub where I don't know anyone!

Anyone got ay ideas.

MB

Associate
18th eh? I'll have to check which day my works do is on before saying yes.

I hope it isn't on the same day, but if it is - everything paid for and guaranteed action means the office wins :D

Soldato
well we could meet up at the same location as the main meet but in the afternoon, about 2ish say? maybe have a few pints/a bite to eat and a chat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom