The OcUK Swansea Christmas bash 2004 - Get the details and put your names in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Originally posted by swanseajack
Don't forget that pub is no where near the city centre, if your going to meet up best would be in town somewhere maybe down Wind Street.
We know that ;) It is the third meetup remember?

Last year a few of us met up in the Orange house mid-afternoon for some bwyd and a pint beforehand.

Soldato
Right, thats permission to come sorted the wife says Yes!

So I will be there, I'll book my hotel room this afternoon.

I'm going to be coming from Maidstone in Kent round the M25 and down the M4 starting at about 9 on the 18th. So if anyone wants to join me and split petrol costs then please feel free to ask. I have a 2 door Clio so there is room for 3 of us (my legs are too long for anyone to sit behind be). I'm happy to come off the M25 or M4 for pickups but I don't really want to double my mileage!

Look forward to meeting some OCuk'ers in the flesh

MB

Soldato
I'll be going for the Marriott I think, they have free secure parking which the Dolphin don't have. Shame really I quite fancy staying at what sounds like a Faulty Towers theme park, but the car has to have priority :)

MB

Man of Honour
You can't argue with the prices either. £70 for a deluxe room with 2 double beds?

Yes please.

Shame about the lack of a late bar, but I did make people promise that we have the option of a club after this one :o

Man of Honour
I've gotta admit that I rarely make it to breakfast in a hotel anyway :o

Jono? Ben? I mentioned the room to you two before, so one of you is welcome to share for £35 if you're attending.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
I doubt those prices will stay like that if you wait.

i wont be able to book untill next friday at the earliest, so i'll have to take that chance i guess, but i'll book on friday.

Soldato
You can't argue with the prices either. £70 for a deluxe room with 2 double beds?

Yes please.

Shame about the lack of a late bar, but I did make people promise that we have the option of a club after this one :o

Hmmm

Any ideas on what sort of club might be on the cards? I'm very much a jeans and T-shirts pub go'er and the clubs I go to tend to be indy clubs with more emphasis on music style rather than clothing style.

Is it likely to be a shiny shoes and shirts club :(

MB

Man of Honour
Originally posted by James_N
i wont be able to book untill next friday at the earliest, so i'll have to take that chance i guess, but i'll book on friday.

Why? You don't need to pay anything right away. You pay on the day.

Originally posted by Matblack
Hmmm...

Absolutely no idea, but if we're eating in the same spot the hotel is only around the corner, so if its that kind of club we're a short walk from being able to get changed anyway :)

Soldato
Originally posted by James_N

It's very unlikely that they will debit your card untill the date of the stay, you will only be reserving the room not paying for it. They like to have the card details so they can charge you even if you don't show. Give them a ring and ask them if the charge you on the day or on booking :)

This has certainly been my expereince with all the hotels I have stayed in when working away

MB

Soldato
Why? You don't need to pay anything right away. You pay on the day.

Absolutely no idea, but if we're eating in the same spot the hotel is only around the corner, so if its that kind of club we're a short walk from being able to get changed anyway :)

Cool, I can cope with wearing smart clothes for a few hours if it means I can keep drinking :)

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom