1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The official AirTag thread (it comes in packs of four and everything!) ***

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Feek, 22 Apr 2021.

?

Are you going to buy AirTags?

1. Yes, I'll get one

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Yes, I'll get a pack of four

25 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. No

25 vote(s)
    34.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feek

Commissario

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what there is to discuss about the AirTag really but we do these threads for all the Apple products so it seems rude to forget about the AirTag seeing as it's been rumoured for what seems like years!

Are you going to buy AirTags? Will you get a single one or a pack of four?

At the moment there are only a few accessories but I'm sure that in time there will be lots of holders for them. It'll be nice to see what people get.

2. Valo

Mobster

I'm going to pickup a four pack. They'll be used mainly for my keys and wallet.

However I've also pre-ordered one of these for my dog as well - https://www.followpaw.com

3. Rilot

Don

4 pack here. Keys and wallet for me and the wife.

4. uvarvu

Mobster

One for my keys. My wife isn’t interested and my wallet is a card holder so the tag won’t fit.

5. Valo

Mobster

Anyone getting them engraved?

6. Raiden85

Wise Guy

Want two for my cats, should be small enough otherwise it will look like a big medallion on them :D. Want one for my keys and going to hide one in the car, may come in handy.

7. doogs

Gangster

Four pack for me. One for the caravan, one each for the keys and one for the Bongo. It’s a cheap way to track old motors

8. Feek

Commissario

What time is the store expected to be open today for these? I thought it was 13:00 but it's down now.

Ahah, yes - 13:00.

[​IMG]

9. mrochester

Soldato

I don’t understand the use case for airtags to be honest. I’ve never in my life lost keys or wallets and I don’t know how I ever would given i always check and confirm their location either in my pocket or in the places they get stored in the house. I could understand attaching one to a pet on a collar I suppose.

10. Alpherah

Sgarrista

My wife works from home and has to log into a sensitive system with 2 secure usb authenticator devices.

Our 15 month old is always putting them in random places (literally, we keep them out of her reach but turn your back for 25 seconds to get a coffee and she’s whipped it out of the laptop and it’s hidden )
    So these will be a godsend for us lol

11. mrochester

Soldato

LOL. I can understand that use case!

12. montymint

Don

I'm in the same boat. We're very perticular about where we put keys in the house once we're home.

I guess hiding one in the car would be useful, but that would be about it for me.

13. Feek

Commissario

I've just been looking at a review of these and I've decided that my initial feelings were right. I don't need them. I've never lost my keys, I've never lost my wallet. When I come home, my keys go in the same place, my wallet goes in the same place. This would just be buying kit for the sake of it.

The only keys I could think I'd want to attach one to is for my safe where the keys are put away but I don't go in there very often now and if I lost the keys, the battery would probably be flat anyway.

Changed my vote to 'no'.

14. Richard - London

Gangster

Going to buy a pack of 4. Keys/backpack and 2 spare.

15. Einskis Nokkur

Gangster

Just one for me. I don't lose things but it is shiny!

16. JUMPURS

Capodecina

Me too, one of my cats already has a tractiv, but the other is an indoor cat so want one on him in case he escapes.
    Have you found any decent collars or holders that might suit a cat yet??

17. Raiden85

Wise Guy

Not yet, a lot of them seem to be bulky holders, belkin seems to have a small one though.

Seems like a great businesses opportunity to create a cat collar with an integrated airtag holder :)

18. Raiden85

Wise Guy

And a 4 pack ordered for delivery on the 30th :D

19. roman59

Wise Guy

4 pack of Airtags & saddle brown keyfob just ordered via the Apple Store app on my iphone, happy days :)

Cheers all

20. Feek

Commissario

Oh for goodness sake.

I know what I said. I’ve just changed it back to ‘Yes, I'll get a pack of four’ because I’ve just ordered a pack of four, a brown leather keyfob and the black belkin key ring.

I am awful at resisting shiny stuff.

[​IMG]