• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Official AMD 3700 San Diego Overclocking Thread

Associate
Right, thought i must post here as got my 3700 last week, got the machine running nice and now i think its time i stretched its legs. My 3700 is a KAB2E model, from what i understand they clock pretty well.
Never done any 64bit clocking so not sure how things will go. Anyone got any simple points to follow, like a basic five step guide, do this then this kinda thing, the rst i can find from forums.

Either way will post back here to let you guys know how it goes. :D

Associate
Sherm said:
Right, thought i must post here as got my 3700 last week, got the machine running nice and now i think its time i stretched its legs. My 3700 is a KAB2E model, from what i understand they clock pretty well.
Never done any 64bit clocking so not sure how things will go. Anyone got any simple points to follow, like a basic five step guide, do this then this kinda thing, the rst i can find from forums.

Either way will post back here to let you guys know how it goes. :D

Once again, Agent refers to this guide... But it is just that good!!

Link

This should sort a few things out for ya ;) :D

Soldato
Got my two 3700+ SD, anyone know anything about these codes pls?

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0541XPMW

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0554UPMW

I'm off out for a few hours will do a proper google when I return,

manythanks for any info on these steppings?

Thought I would get KAB2E0549BPBW as I just ordered these from oc.co.uk?

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0541XPMW

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0554UPMW

i presume you mean overclockers.co.uk? if so i guess they just got there next batch in this week sometime?

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0541XPMW

ADA3700DKA5CF
CCBWE 0554UPMW

I presume you bought oem and not retail - i think mines the same chip as this, ive got it at 2.65 just now, but its needing 1.5v to get there.

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
I ordered a 3700+ OEM yesterday so next week I shall post back with results.

Will be running with a RMA'd set of Ballistix and a DFI mobo with watercooling so should be interesting :cool:

Well my oem seems quite good, can run stable at 2.7ghz but i really dont know too much of the options on this ATI board to really see what it can do, 1.44v and 2.7ghz gets me to the limit of my gskill ZX ram, 245fsb without dropping the divider down. Because of the heat in the case (silent case, all insulated, all fans on 7v) then i doubt i can get much more out of it until i get better cooling, but the performance is fantastic as it is, so i doubt ill bother.

Soldato
bodybag said:
I have had mine a few months, its a CABGE......supposed to be wicked overclockers.......I currently get 2.7 outta mine.....

Im 37c on idle at the moment.................. :D
dont happen to have the full code on that do you? i've got a 3700 waiting for departure once i have the rest of the system :( :o

Back
Top Bottom