• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Official AMD 3700 San Diego Overclocking Thread

Associate
My 3700+ is currently running at 2750Mhz at stock volts. (250x11) I have absolutely no idea what stepping/code it is though and that brain Identifier only tells me its a ADA3700AA5BN.

Associate
Just recieved my pc bit's today and the 3700+ SD was a KAB2E 0551EPAW, I don't have time to build the system now but will later tonight and see what it can do.

It was the retail version btw.

Associate
sja360 said:
use cpu brain identifier (google it) it should provide you with the codes for your cpu's without removal of them from the socket.

ok here goes

ADA3700DAA5BN

generation 15, model 7.2, version 4.1, stepping 1, revision sh e4

is this what information is required?

Soldato
TiZoR said:
EDIT now at 2.75ghz on stock volts

250x11 ill run a few tests later seems to be ok!

I just built my friends pc today with one of these chips.Backed the ram right off and just went for 250x11 off the bat.

booted up and threw a 32mb super pi at it. passed no problem :D

Default volts,stock cooler :D

will give it a real test laters

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:
Why don't you actually test it out for stability before rushing to make a post! :p

yeah rushed it so i could post on here as im a overclocking noob.

shows promise it booted right in and passed super pi at default vaults, ok it aint anywhere near running prime for like 8hrs but its a start.

But hey , thanks for posting anyway.

Soldato
I recieved my OEM SD 3700+ yesterday, it's a CCBWE 0542 VPMW and I think it's a rev. E5 and is 1.35V default.

Runs at 20C idle and 24C load with watercooling :eek: so I hope overclocking will be interesting, but googling the stepping gave me lots of similar CPU's but they are Opteron 165's but that is a Dual Core CPU :confused:

Overclocking will take a while as I first have to find the FSB limit of the mobo and also the limit of the memory.

Any more info about my stepping?

Soldato
GeForce said:
Well I could well be wrong here but I thought the Sandy 3700 was either the E4 or the E6 stepping? See the following link:

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/SideBySide.aspx?opn=ADA3700DAA5BN&opn=ADA3700DKA5CF
Strange one, perhaps CPU-Z is wrong?

I'm at work now and don't remember the first line, I thought it was ADA3700DAA5BN, the strange thing is that a lot of other CPU's with these codes (or codes close to it) are dual core Opteron 165's

I will check further tonight as I will be FSB testing my mobo.

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
Strange one, perhaps CPU-Z is wrong?

I'm at work now and don't remember the first line, I thought it was ADA3700DAA5BN, the strange thing is that a lot of other CPU's with these codes (or codes close to it) are dual core Opteron 165's

I will check further tonight as I will be FSB testing my mobo.

I think mines the same as that, ill check mine out when i get home from work. What should the default cpu driver be for a san diego? Mine shows as standard multiprocessor pc.

Soldato
mines at 26oC idle about 33 load

thats overclocked to 2750mhz @ 1.35volts

using the BIG typhoon

so i belive these CCBWE steppings are quite good

mines from ocuk purchased on monday this week [OEM] not retail

Back
Top Bottom