• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'll probably order one because I really liked the HomePod I just couldn't use it as my daily driver because of having to keep changing the source, but for general streaming music/audio/etc that's fine.

Soldato
I've already got a full sized HomePod in the Kitchen and a stereo pair in my Livingroom. I'm really considering a Mini for my bedroom though.

For anyone interested here is a run through of the new HomePod Intercom feature, this is going to be a great addition certainly in my home.

Soldato
HomePod 14.1 Update has been released

Software version 14.1 includes support for ‌HomePod mini‌ and new ‌Siri‌ and Intercom features. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.

‌HomePod mini‌
- Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, ‌Apple Music‌, ‌Siri‌ and Wi-Fi settings to ‌HomePod mini‌

‌Siri‌
- ‌Siri‌ suggestions appear in Maps when you ask ‌HomePod‌ for information about a location
- Web search requests to ‌HomePod‌ can be sent from ‌HomePod‌ to your ‌iPhone‌
- ‌Siri‌ can now stop alarms, timers, and media across ‌HomePod‌ speakers
- Voice recognition support for Podcasts for multiple users in the home

Intercom
- Ask ‌HomePod‌ to make announcements to other ‌HomePod‌ speakers throughout your home
- Intercom to all ‌HomePod‌ speakers
- Intercom to a ‌HomePod‌ in a specific room or zone

Other improvements and fixes
- Add music to your alarms and wake up to your personal song, playlist, or radio station from ‌Apple Music‌
- Fixes an issue where stereo pairs can sometimes play out of sync
- Improves reliability when using ‌Siri‌ to control multiple speakers
- Optimizes ‌Siri‌ performance

Man of Honour
Hmm, Google seem to have stood still with nest. Very tempted to replace the speakers with these.

I'll be doing this when the Mini is replaced. I will keep my Nest Hubs, just as they are useful for viewing the cameras/doorbell, but the speakers will all be sold and replaced with some Homepod Minis.

I never actually use Google as an Assistant, again other than to load up the camera feeds, so won't miss the Google products at all

Associate
Finally with recent update handoff is working instantly with 100% rate. Previously it was working for me 2/10 times and I had to hold my phone next to homepod sometimes for 5s+ for it to work. good update :)

Soldato
Finally with recent update handoff is working instantly with 100% rate. Previously it was working for me 2/10 times and I had to hold my phone next to homepod sometimes for 5s+ for it to work. good update :)

Sound quality has seriously declined though, sounds like a bug. Lots and lots of people on /r/HomePod are complaining. Sounds like rebooting/repairing stereo HomePods makes a big difference, but still not at the level that it was.

Soldato
I haven’t noticed any sound problems with my stereo pair or my other single HomePod.

Everything is sounding just as it should, which is just spot on!

Associate
I'll be doing this when the Mini is replaced. I will keep my Nest Hubs, just as they are useful for viewing the cameras/doorbell, but the speakers will all be sold and replaced with some Homepod Minis.

I never actually use Google as an Assistant, again other than to load up the camera feeds, so won't miss the Google products at all

Exactly the same for me! It's such a shame I've not managed to find any 'decent' homekit enabled cameras and ended up going with the Nest Cam IQ's for outdoor, which are far better than anything homekit enabled I found to date.

Man of Honour
I need some external speaker for my work MacBook. I have some old Bose Companion but they need laods of cables and they're quite dated. I have Sonos around the house and I have two spare Play:1's but frustratingly you can't use them as a speaker target (easily). Anyone use a HomePod at all? I'm considering ordering a pair of the mini's.

Soldato
I need some external speaker for my work MacBook. I have some old Bose Companion but they need laods of cables and they're quite dated. I have Sonos around the house and I have two spare Play:1's but frustratingly you can't use them as a speaker target (easily). Anyone use a HomePod at all? I'm considering ordering a pair of the mini's.

The main problem is that it doesn't stick to defaulting HomePod as the main output. At least for me this was a big issue because I didn't like keep having to change it every time I went to use it the next time it woke up.

Back
Top Bottom