• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Associate
It probably won't help massively, but try picking them up and putting them down again. It resets the internal audio algorithms to scan the external environment when playing music, and recalibrating as necessary.

As for the music from Apple Music... hmm well if I am ever playing something 'off library' I'm probably going to just say "Hey Siri, play some jazz music" and that seems to be drawing from Apple Music playlists.

Associate
well just set mine up and 2 questions how can you see the top controls, i thought they would have been backlit a bit when its awake and also any problems if you place your phone near it when asking it to do something via hey Siri, mine will be on a bedside table where i usually put my phone at night ?
thanks

Av8

Av8

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone have an idea if at all possible with these having usb c power cable, to be able to use a wall charger with double usb c output instead of plug that is with HomePod? Wondering if I'd need a high output plug, would this be an issue even if not using them both for long periods of time? Only wanting to try and use one wall socket, hence one charger style of plug with 2 or more outputs.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Av8

Commissario
OP
Anyone have an idea if at all possible with these having usb c power cable, to be able to use a wall charger with double usb c output instead of plug that is with HomePod? Wondering if I'd need a high output plug, would this be an issue even if not using them both for long periods of time? Only wanting to try and use one wall socket, hence one charger style of plug with 2 or more outputs.
Mine is plugged into a third party two port USB-C charger that I use for my MacBook Air and it works.

Av8

Av8

Associate
Mine is plugged into a third party two port USB-C charger that I use for my MacBook Air and it works.

Thanks Feek, at least you've not had any issues so that's a good sign. What about power requirements if I also used a double usb c output for 2 HomePod mini, anything you'd advise on? Thanks.

Soldato
My mini turned up today. Managed to link my iPad up and fiddle. Used my old iTunes purchases to test.... wow it goes loud. And then tried fiddling and Siri stopped responding to voice command and started playing Random song I own on iTunes.

Done a few updates on iPad and my 4k Apple TV box , as I’ll be getting another for stereo mode. Not much instruction wise. Hoping to use my amazon music account as well.

Anyone got experience on what this is actually capable of?

Soldato
How do the Minis compare to the full fat HomePod in terms of sound quality?

In terms of room-filling ability, they are very much inferior from the reviews I have read. Inferior definitely doesn’t mean bad, but don’t buy one thinking you’re going to feel the bass in your chest. Expect decent quality sound that is loud enough but without any of the visceral oomph you’ll get from a larger speaker.

Soldato
Re: my post on the previous page about average first impressions of my stereo homepods. Things have now changed - they aren’t great for all music types but for some genres they are really listenable. They have now fitted in beautifully with the living room and I’m really happy with them. I would prefer more kick and more clarity, but for the price and the convenience, they’re very good.

Associate
Received a HomePod mini today, genuinely quite surprised by how decent these sound considering how small they are. Absolute steal for £99, I know there are cheaper alternatives but you know what you are getting with these.

Commissario
OP
Received a HomePod mini today, genuinely quite surprised by how decent these sound considering how small they are. Absolute steal for £99, I know there are cheaper alternatives but you know what you are getting with these.
That's exactly how I feel, mine is used daily as background music in the office so it's generally on quite quietly. It's only a small room so a full size one would be complete overkill and even if I set the volume half way up, it feels very loud. It integrates really well with the rest of the ecosystem.

Soldato
quick q, got a mini for christmas and the quality for price and size seems superb.

i know you can link a pair in the same room for stereo but whats the actual limit on number of homepods playing at the same time for across the home?

Commissario
OP
whats the actual limit on number of homepods playing at the same time for across the home?
I only have three in total and they'll all play together. I don't think there is a limit, you can can say "hey Siri, play Christmas music everywhere" and they all play.

I'm also pretty sure they can all be playing different things at the same time, I've not heard of any limits.

/edit - This is a good read.

Soldato
One of my friends has 12 homepods all over his house. It’s a pretty big house but having them all on at once is still quite an experience.... I have a pair of homepods and a mini in the kitchen...

Soldato
I finally was able to get a Mini ordered, going to be waiting on it though, delivery isn't until the first week of February. I think it just shows how popular these have been over Christmas.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how well this performs against the original for it's size. It's great that it supports Thread for use with HomeKit products going forward as well.

Av8

Av8

Associate
Whenever I try to play the radio on tunein it tells me the app hasn’t added support for Siri yet. Anything I’m missing?

Have you asked Siri for the specific radio station? If for example you've got an idea of stations available through 'TuneIn', then ask Siri, I've just tried to ask for 'TalkSport' and 'TalkRadio', both worked fine and 'LBC UK.
Hope that helps.

P.S. I'm guessing you've done the latest update firmware wise

Back
Top Bottom