*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
Have just ordered my first Apple Watch and a Juuk Velo in silver to match :)

There is a 15% off Velo in Dec, so that helped make the decision.

Nice. It's good to see other people ordering their bands because they're a relatively small company and they deserve more exposure if the one I got is anything to go by. Looks like it could have been shipped with the watch itself.

Associate
Very likely to order Juuk Velo or Legero soon.
Awaiting my Apple Watch still, but due to Amazon Prime, my watch straps arrived this morning.

First off, here are the two boxes:

Apple Watch 42mm straps by James Baker, on Flickr

Simpeak Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Black Leather Strap

£9.58 at time of purchase, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y42FQS6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Below is the black Simpeak strap featuring a soft inner band made of a beige suede like material. Once I have my watch I will post fitted pictures. Its a very simple design but for the price I cant complain, interested to see how long they last.

Jisoncase Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Brown Vintage Leather Strap

£15.90 at time of purchase, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jisoncase®-Replacement-Bracelet-Adapters-JS-AW4-06A20-Vintage-Brown-Check-Size-Before-Ordering/dp/B010Q1QFBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509191753&sr=8-1&keywords=jisoncase+vintage+leather+watch+strap

Below are some close up pictures of the the brown Jisoncase strap with stitching detail. This is my favourite of the two so far. Once I have my watch I will post fitted pictures. I prefer the design of the clasp aswell on this one over the rounder design on the Simpeak.

Once I have had my watch and got used to it, I will want to invest in some better straps but I dont think you can go wrong with a couple of cheaper straps to help me decide what better ones I want to get colour and design wise.

How do the Jisoncase lugs/connectors match your watch? And is your watch silver? Aluminium or steel? I'm tempted to get one as a stopgap because a Juuk band will take a few weeks.

Associate
Nice. It's good to see other people ordering their bands because they're a relatively small company and they deserve more exposure if the one I got is anything to go by. Looks like it could have been shipped with the watch itself.
So you're happy with it and it's secure, etc. after a few days? How long did it take to arrive.
Have you done any exercise in it?
I'm planning order one but with the new year there's no difference between right now and the day after tomorrow. If it had been on Amazon (Prime) I would have ordered it already.

Soldato
So you're happy with it and it's secure, etc. after a few days? How long did it take to arrive.
Have you done any exercise in it?
I'm planning order one but with the new year there's no difference between right now and the day after tomorrow. If it had been on Amazon (Prime) I would have ordered it already.

Very happy. Fits great and I only had to remove the normal sized links... you can also remove a smaller link at the bottom if you need something in-between taking out the bigger ones. Butterfly mechanism is secure and you have to squeeze both the buttons that point up and down the arm to unlock it which wouldn't happen by accident. I swap it out for the fog Sport band that came with the watch for anything sweaty - it's my 'nice' band for work and more formal occasions rather than being a full-time replacement. I can't remember exactly how long it took to arrive but it didn't seem very long and I didn't get hit for customs, although I've read people have been - luck of the draw I suppose.

Associate
Mine is 42mm stainless steel watch and they match that perfectly.
Thanks.
I got my JUUK Legero too. Arrived a lot quicker than the estimate.
It matches the colour and finish of Apple Watch Sport in a way that the steel bands and steel lugs on leather straps I’ve seen just don’t. It looks good and like it belongs on the Apple Watch.
At 44g after adjustment it weighs only 10g more than the Sport band.

It’s also easy to remove links once you’ve watched the video. For a normal band I would have gone to a shop to have it done. As noted previously the smaller links are a good idea. I thought I had a perfect fit but after a day or two would like it just slightly more loose. So I will replace a small link with a normal one later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought one of the many Milanese straps from Amazon around christmas time (well my wife got it for me). It was great at first but i've noticed it now seems to get looser and looser as the day goes on to the point i have to re-tighten it.

Is this normal for this style of strap?

Soldato
Had an accident and put a big gouge in one of the mini links on my Juuk. Luckily they sell spares for pretty much any part of the strap, so I ordered a replacement link and within a few days it had made it over from Asia and my Ligero is faultless again.

Soldato
Soldato
Juuk have a 20% sale - use code juukmom2018 - and have released their Italian leather straps, the Monza and Viteza. They have also released aluminium Ligero straps in pastel colours.

We started our new line of JUUK leather Apple Watch bands by choosing one of the finest Italian leather tanneries, Monteverdi S.p.A in Florence.

Next, we took inspiration from the automotive industry classics and created two distinct designs: a 3 large hole design (Monza) and a mutli-perforated design (Viteza).

We wouldn't be following our brand's ethos by just stopping there, so we added a splash of colour on the sides, inside the holes and even on the two loops. Attention to detail has always been one of our focuses and these gorgeous leather bands are no exception.

The final touch is added with the use of 316L solid stainless steel butterfly deployant buckles. That's certainly a mouthful, but all you need to know is that it elevates the elegance of the Mona and Viteza leather bands.

The end result is a beautifully crafted, supple and luxurious experience that really stands out in the crowd.

https://www.juukdesign.com/store

Viteza looks pretty sweet although the connectors are stainless steel, so more suited for the SS watch.

Soldato
Juuk have a 20% sale - use code juukmom2018 - and have released their Italian leather straps, the Monza and Viteza. They have also released aluminium Ligero straps in pastel colours.

https://www.juukdesign.com/store

Viteza looks pretty sweet although the connectors are stainless steel, so more suited for the SS watch.

Another 20% off sale with juukdad2018 as it's now father's day sale time. 4th till 10th.

Soldato
Got stung by customs this time! :'(

Juuk Vitero - wasn't feeling any of the coloured stripes for the silver bands so went for the (cheaper!) single colour:

HwmYhJ8.jpg

HwmXWyr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom