*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Caporegime
Sounds interesting tbh - 1x Nexus in a M1 Abrams vs 6x Shermans/Tiger.

FIIIIIIIIGHT
Clearly if all things were equal the Abrams would blow the Tigers to pieces purely because the Abrams armour is so far advanced I doubt the Tigers could even penetrate the M1’s armour. But it’ll be balanced in such a way that they can do damage to each other.

Underboss
Clearly if all things were equal the Abrams would blow the Tigers to pieces purely because the Abrams armour is so far advanced I doubt the Tigers could even penetrate the M1’s armour. But it’ll be balanced in such a way that they can do damage to each other.

Add in the fact that Nexus is a machine not a human and it could be a decent trial by combat that!

Caporegime
Exploits being found and making it easier for cheaters. And selling DLC.

Makes little difference to games with the frostbite engine, there's generally cheats knocking about a day or 2 after the "beta" gets released. With the bad company 2 beta there was a hacker on day one.

Soldato
Which raises a point that has been at the back of my mind. What are they doing about cheating? I'm assuming we won't be able to host our own dedicated servers.

Caporegime
Which raises a point that has been at the back of my mind. What are they doing about cheating? I'm assuming we won't be able to host our own dedicated servers.

Sweet **** all. Better to go in with that expectation than think it'll be a level playing field.

Im in for knife Vs repair tool fights though. I'll be honest 2042 in general has zero hype from me, Portal however has definitely piqued my interest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exploits being found and making it easier for cheaters. And selling DLC.

If only we could have dedicated servers and admins that could deal with the cheats, like we had with 1942 and BF2, as for exploits, they would be found and patched much quicker if we had a modding community, the DLC for 1942 still sold well despite modding, infact some mods required the DLC

Also I doubt BF2 would have been as great had Dice not bought Trauma studios who made the Desert Combat mod for 1942 which basically paved the way for BF2

Meh, it's going to be a gimmick and people will soon get bored of it

Associate

Well, they've added kick and ban to the list of portal commands. I'm hoping the portal servers are up 24/7 because i really can't see a differance between portal & RSP, and portal has a **** ton of options above the old procon. I really think this could be the return of the BF community............

Soldato
Well, they've added kick and ban to the list of portal commands. I'm hoping the portal servers are up 24/7 because i really can't see a differance between portal & RSP, and portal has a **** ton of options above the old procon. I really think this could be the return of the BF community............
That's awesome

Associate
Be great if it did but it may just be like the community servers in that when they empty they shut down.
Only way to keep them up permanently will be rental servers, don't see any mention of that yet. Doesn't seem DICE are interested in that option. Which is a shame, if they are running population bots then it would be really good. No more needing to seed your server like johnny no mates waiting for others to rock up to the party, just leave it running.

Associate
Sounds like once you've made the server config, you get a server code that anyone can use, so theoretically anyone can keep the server up. Need more information on how many admins and level of admins you can have. But it sounds a big step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom